Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

2003 GP not applying to all servers in the OU

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Tim Stumbo

Tim Stumbo

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:15 PM

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:09 PM

I have (4) 2003 Terminal Servers branched out into a separate OU all inheriting the same GP. The problem is, only 2 of the 4 servers is actually inheriting the GP in full. I ran this command gpresult /v >C:\gpresult.txt. on one of the servers that is inheriting the policy correctly, and on one of the servers that isn't. Both the headers in the output gpresult.txt look the same, they both show that the servers just updated the policy after I did a forced update on both machines. But after looking at both of the output files, the one coming from the server that is working correctly is about 6KB bigger than the other. After further comparing the files, the output file from the server that isn't working is missing a bunch of configurations.

So the problem is, both files are showing that they are inheriting the same GP but the settings are different.

Another note is that both of these machines were working at one point until I added in two virtual terminal servers into the environment.

Thanks for the help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Baltboy

Baltboy

Bleepin' Flame Head

• Members
  • 1,430 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:15 PM

Posted 02 October 2012 - 03:29 PM

which of the servers are the ones with the invalid Gp the real ones or the virtual ones or a combination of both?
Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
Mark Twain

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users