Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help wanted for Task Manager and Drivers problem

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Shirish Korna

Shirish Korna

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:55 PM

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:08 PM

Hello Friends,

I have a Dell Vostro 1450 a year old laptop with a 2nd GEN Intel Corei3 processor, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD. Earlier I had Windows 7 and it was working fine without any problems. Due to some reasons I had to install Windows 2003 Server R2. After so many attempts I could install this OS on the laptop.

HERE STARTS THE PROBLEMS:

--> 1. I could only install the ethernet driver(searched in google) but cant find any other drivers for the laptop (most of them have yellow! marks)

--> 2. Whenever I try to open the task manager the task bar freezes. Also the control panel freezes when I try to access it.(Both of them work fine in safe mode with networking)

--> 3. When I connect the external Hard drive, it doesnot even show the pop up stating something is connected.(Cant even see it in the MY COMPUTER either)

Any help in these matters will be greatly appreciated. Thank U very much for being so patient in reading all the above problems.

--

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Baltboy

Baltboy

Bleepin' Flame Head

• Members
  • 1,432 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:25 AM

Posted 02 October 2012 - 03:33 PM

Look up the hardware specs on the laptop and note the devices. Then go to microsoft's HCL for server my guess is that most of the items are not supported for server 2003. You may get lucky and go to the manufacturers website for the indif=vuak hardware and find a driver that is compatabile with 2003 but I wouldn't bet my life on it. It is a laptop after all and not really intended to be a server. Perhaps a better option would be to re-install windows 7 and run server 2003 in a virtual machine.
Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
Mark Twain

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users