Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

iTunes refusing to recognize iPhone 4s

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 stouf761

stouf761

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:27 PM

Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:24 AM

So the other day I connected my iphone to my computer to update the music I keep on it and pull some pictures. However, iTunes did not list it as a source. Windows showed it under explorer, allowing me to pull the pictures off, so at least I got that done. I've tried many methods to get iTunes to recognize the phone but nothing seems to be working. Also now even explorer typically refuses to show anything other than the driver for the connection.

Here's what I've got:
Windows 7 x64
iTunes 10.7
iPhone 4s running iOS 5

I've tried everything apple lists on their site, and apparently directly calling them for support costs money that I don't have to spare on an IT call.
I've uninstalled and reinstalled Apple Mobile Device services,
uninstalled and reinstalled iTunes multiple times,
toyed with system configurations when reinstalling iTunes,
toyed (carefully) with the registry when reinstalling iTunes,
tried to isolate the issue by altering start-up settings.
Nothing seems to work.

I haven't gotten a chance to try my phone on somebody else's computer, but I do know that my iPod classic works fine with iTunes.
Apple's community refuses to be slightly helpful...

All I want to do is change up some of the playlists on my phone...
Thanks in advance for the help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 easyrider2

easyrider2

• Members
  • 85 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:27 PM

Posted 06 October 2012 - 02:17 PM

Hi,

It may be worth to try disabling your firewall temporarily and connecting your iPhone.

If this doesn't work, assuming that you are logged in as an Administrator, click on Start and type Services. Find Apple Mobile Device. Right - click on it and select Properties. Select Automatic Startup type. Restart your computer.

Let us know how did it work.

Best of luck.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users