Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blue underlined highlighted words in browsers!!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 Stevie1888

Stevie1888

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:20 AM

Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:13 AM

Hi, laptop has been showing up blue double underlined highlighted words and when the mouse pointer rolls over them, they pop up with adverts, it's also taking 3 or 4 clicks of the mouse button before it does anything, and generally started running very slowly, i've scanned it with McAfee, Malwarebytes and Spybot S&D, and they have found nothing that's resolved the issue,

The laptop is only 4 months old and it's seriously annoying when trying to use it now,

Iuse Chrome as my default browser, but these issues are happening in IE and FF too,

Any assistance in helping with these issues would be greatfuly appreciated,

the laptop is an ACER Aspire 5750 running Win 7 home premium.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:08:20 PM

Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:46 AM

Duplicate topic closed.

The other topic is here http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic470406.html, where help is being given.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users