Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

JScript error

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Burwash69

Burwash69

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:18 AM

Posted 01 October 2012 - 08:41 AM

I am getting a "Jscript syntax error" box coming up when I attempt to log onto a specific gaming website. I am using Internet Explorer as a browser. There is an "OK" button in the Jscript syntax error box and after clicking on it about 6 times, it goes away and i can continue on playing my game. This only happens on 1 website. All else is running good. Any suggestions on how to get rid of this syntax error.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,710 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:18 AM

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:11 AM

Look in the Internet options to see if you have a check mark in the box for Use automatic configuration script, if there is try removing the check mark.

Close IE (Internet Explorer)

Go to Start> Control Panel> Internet Options.

Select the Connections tab and then click on LAN settings. At the top there are two settings, Automatically detect settings and Use automatic configuration script. Uncheck the Use automatic configuration script. Click the OK boxes to close and save your settings.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users