Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot Logon At Welcome Screen

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 diyahnih

diyahnih

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:20 PM

Posted 17 March 2006 - 09:34 PM

Hello,
i have windows xp home, with service pack 2. (IE6). today i find i can't logon because a message appears saying "windows cannot log you on because your profile cannot be loaded" ....etc. this is the only account on this computer, & it is no longer on the welcome screen. i have tried f8 -- safe mode, but none of the utilities work for some reason. i tried recovery console & it stops setup because it says the file Txtsetup.sif is corrupt or missing, status 14. i tried ALT+TAB & it doesn't work. i don't have a windows xp CD, or i would have tried that. :thumbsup: does anyone know of some kind of bootfloppy on the internet, that can be used to boot past the welcome screen to the start menu ? any help with this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Thank-You
diyahnih

Edited by diyahnih, 17 March 2006 - 09:39 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 turnip

turnip

• Members
  • 82 posts
  •  

Posted 17 March 2006 - 11:35 PM

I assume you logged in to safe mode with Administrator, which is easy
as when you see the logon screen in safemode press ctrl+Alt+Del key together and you can enter administrator username and password and enter into windows.

then go to control panel->user accounts
Here create a new user and restart the machine, try loggin in with that user.
If everythign works fine, then copy you My documents files from your old profile to new profile after loggin in a administrator.

#3 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 18 March 2006 - 05:58 AM

If you have never created a password for the default hidden administrator account, try just entering administrator in the login box without a password following the directions in the post above, or even better, try using a Windows System Restore date from before the problem began.

Edited by Enthusiast, 18 March 2006 - 05:59 AM.

#4 diyahnih

diyahnih
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2006 - 09:20 PM

Thank You Turnip & enthusiast, I followed both your replies with the advice, & thank Goodness it WORKED!!! :thumbsup: . I really appreciated your help. :flowers: . Thank God for bleeping computer--i thought I was going to have to get the money together somehow to take my computer to the repair shop.

Thanks Again
diyahnih

#5 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2006 - 10:53 PM

:thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users