Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

burning music cd

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 kjvlv

kjvlv

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:55 AM

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:16 PM

I went from xp to 7 home pro. computer is an acer. I burn a music cd and it will play on the compter , in the car and on my daughters cd player. Issue is when we give it to her music teacher of the dj at a performance it will not play. Today the dj equipment did not recognize the format. I am just using media player to burn this an wonder if getting Nero 8 will solve this issue. any thoughts?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:55 PM

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:33 PM

Hi -
I still use CD Burner XP program on my Win7 laptop now that it has been upgraded.
Also I have BurnAware Free, Power ISO, and ImgBurn all installed, along with the default Player / Burner - I have not yet used Nero, but remember it may just be the music teachers dj equipment that only recognises certain formats -

Any of the above programs seem to get decent burns (legally of course) from most music sources -

Thank You -

#3 Platypus

Platypus

• 14,225 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:55 PM

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:58 PM

it may just be the music teachers dj equipment that only recognises certain formats

I concur with Noknojon's comment here, since the disc plays successfully on multiple players.

When you say a music CD, is it creating an audio Compact Disc, or a data disc with .MP3, .WMA or similar files on it? The mention of not recognizing the format suggests the latter, in which case you'd need to select a destination format which the DJ equipment can handle.

Top 5 things that never get done:

#4 kjvlv

kjvlv
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:55 AM

Posted 01 October 2012 - 11:59 PM

thanks. I think that they must have a wma format and I am giving them mp3. how do I change the output on windows media player?

also having problems reading the disc from my handicam. never had that issue with XP. suggestions?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users