Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Not Typing

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Pestyone

Pestyone

• Members
  • 315 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:00 AM

Posted 30 September 2012 - 02:18 PM

Hi when i use my lap top keyboard and type in an address bar or try to log on to a web site sometimes nothing gets typed; no letters come up.

I have used another kb plugged into my usb nothing; deleted and re installed the keypad from device manager and nothing helps. And updated java and that didn t help.

So whats this all about and i hope someone has a fast easy fix ? ?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:00 PM

Posted 30 September 2012 - 05:36 PM

Hi -
This sounds (at first) like the cable from your keyboard is faulty or loose - Have you recently dropped the computer ??
If you ""deleted and re installed the keypad from device manager and nothing helps"" how did you do this without a keyboard ??

Is the problem with Typing, or more of a problem with what you type into the search ??

If you use the USB keyboard, is there still a problem with searches online, or is this only with the installed keyboard ??

Can you help with adding a few more details based on the above questions -

Thank You -

#3 Pestyone

Pestyone
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 315 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:00 AM

Posted 30 September 2012 - 05:46 PM

Ok thought i was clear hum i am using the key pad on a lap top that sometimes flakes out on me and won t type letters; but for now its working but give it hum 3/4 hours it might fail to type as i tap the keys.

I stated that i tryed another kb though the lap top usb port and that did nothing.

Awaiting a fix hopefully somebody else out their has had this problem - later

#4 caperjac

caperjac

• Members
  • 1,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:00 AM

Posted 30 September 2012 - 05:58 PM

Hi when i use my lap top keyboard and type in an address bar or try to log on to a web site sometimes nothing gets typed; no letters come up.

call me stupid if you want its ok .lol

could it just be that the computer or browser has frozen at that time .or can you type into a word processor or note pad type programs when you cant type into the browser .

My answers are my opinion only,usually

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users