Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dell Latitude sound comes really slow any help???

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 salehm

salehm

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:36 PM

Posted 30 September 2012 - 01:22 PM

Hello every body,
I'm new on this forum, I hope that I came to the right way.
I've a laptop (dell latitude D360), it was working fine. But suddenly I've switched on my laptop after yesterday night working on it, the sound went really really slow. There's still sound on my laptop, but the volume is just very very low. I've to put my head over the speaker to hear.
The audio levels on max. I've tried with many types of media players but the same issue. I did re-installed Sigma Tel sound driver (my sound card driver) but no changes. I re-installed a fresh copy of Win XP SP3 pro, but the same as well. I looked to the hardware properties on the system properties, its all Ok and now driver is missing.

Is it mater of sound card failure?? And if the answer is yes, is it possible to replace the sound card over laptop motherboard?? because I've some experience in fixing desktops problems.

Please any Help?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:36 PM

Posted 01 October 2012 - 02:05 AM

Why not try using a USB sound card for your laptop instead or use externally? http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=usb+sound+card

Edited by jhayz, 01 October 2012 - 02:07 AM.

Tekken

#3 salehm

salehm
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:36 PM

Posted 01 October 2012 - 04:17 AM

Thank you jhayz for your reply

your suggestion payed my attention that the issue may not sound card problem? because when I attached an external speakers, the sound gone perfect and I could to adjust the volume levels easily. Any way may you don't like to carry the external speakers with you if you are a traveler.
any other help please?

#4 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:36 PM

Posted 02 October 2012 - 01:51 AM

It must be the onboard speakers not the sound chip is faulty. Might as well look up for any connection loose or removed, damaged.

Tekken

#5 cordonez7

cordonez7

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:36 AM

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:11 PM

Hello:

Since you already tested with a set of external speakers, you can say with some sort of good accuracy, that the internal speakers are defective. The speakers on the latitude d630 are one of the components that get damaged over time and continual use. It varies from user to user, but the components on the d630 which I see get damaged frequently are the; speakers, lcd hinges, keyboard and palmrest/touchpad. A pair of speakers for this particular model is going for about $9 plus shipping. They are easy to replace if you are comfortable working inside a laptop. Other than this particular speaker issue the D630 laptop is an excellent machine. It is very sturdy and I have seen them just keep going and going after many years of use. I see hudreds of these machines come in from off-lease corporate users and these units take a beating and just keep on ticking. yes, you can definitely get a bette, higher quality machine nowadays but if you are considering getting the speakers replaced, it is well worth in in the long run. The latitude series of machines are just not designed for end users and feature lower end GPU video chips that eminate less heat than the higher end video notebooks do. Less heat = a much more efficient laptop. I would definitely repair your D630, even if you no longer need it, it makes an excellent second hand computer for a child or student. If you need help getting the speakers replaced, do let me know. You will need to remove the power bar, the palmrest and keyboard to access the speaker assembly. Make sure you use a precision screw driver and a plastic scribe to avoid scratching the delicate plastics.

Good luck.

Regards,

Chris
Mod Edit: Removed irrelevant data - Hamluis.

Edited by hamluis, 05 November 2012 - 05:20 PM.
Removede website reference - Hamluis.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users