Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What is this folder?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 hedera

hedera

• Members
  • 91 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:15 PM

Posted 30 September 2012 - 12:41 PM

Due to a recent pair of power outages (damned squirrel!), we lost our networked backup drive. In the course of running replacement backups (we're about to move the computers to a new location), I noticed that my backup utility, GoodSync, has queued a folder for backup under c:\Users|MyId, which is called "wc". GoodSync thinks this folder has some appalling number of files in it (four commas in the number!) although when I look at it under My Computer it seems empty. Google searches have found no reference to this folder, can someone tell me what it is? And, can I safely exclude it from a backup?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:15 AM

Posted 01 October 2012 - 03:46 AM

Hi hedra -

Online Privacy & Financial Protection from Identity Theft | myID.com << Just details on MyId program
MyID.is is a Digital Identity Certification Platform Details on >> MyID.is is a Digital Identity Certification Platform.

Someone (you?) has installed a security program called MyId and it has been forgotten -

Hope the links help -

#3 hedera

hedera
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 91 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:15 PM

Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:17 AM

That is EXTREMELY interesting! I've checked the list of installed programs and MyID is not on it. I'll do some more looking. If it's really there and not on the program list, it may be something HP decided would be "helpful" on the computer, because I didn't install it; and it also exists on my husband's nearly identical HP Pavilion, bought at the same time. And I'm SURE he didn't install it. Thanks for the links.

#4 joysmith

joysmith

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:15 PM

Posted 02 October 2012 - 12:58 AM

Hi,Guys i am just new on this forum so i don't know more about this but forum i could know a few thing and i want to show one thing that this is Really interesting!and another thing I also have checked the list of installed programs but MyID is not on it.i can not understand this 100% till now can you please explain...

:ranting: :tvhappy: :busy:

Phen375 Reviews

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users