Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Adobe

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Andos

Andos

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:13 AM

Posted 30 September 2012 - 12:21 AM

Hi there,

I was emailing a few PDF's to clients and when I opened one of the PDF's I had created it automatically closed. When I tried to open it again it would not open and I can not open any PDF's on my computer now?

Can anyone please help?

Thanks

Andy

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  

Posted 30 September 2012 - 03:52 AM

Hi -
I am not sure as to why the program has failed at this time, but try this option >>
Adobe Reader X (10.1.4) (48.49 MB) << Reload Adobe Reader (untick the Google Chrome option at Download). This is listed as the current version.
If there is a problem you may need to delete the current installed version, and then install from the link above -

Thank You -

#3 Andos

Andos
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  

Posted 30 September 2012 - 04:27 AM

Thanks, I have CS6 installed on my system and adobe professional 9 is included - do I need to uninstall and reinstall this program from the suite?

I actually had a PDF open and without warning it closed by itself and when i now double click on any PDF to open nothing happens. I dont get an error, hour glass or anything the screen is as if I had never double clicked the PDF icon no matter which icon it is?

Is this an issue Naren can maybe help me with?

Sorry, I use my computer alot for sending files to clients (Particularly PDF's).

Thank you all for your help in advance.

Andy

#4 Andos

Andos
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  

Posted 30 September 2012 - 04:32 AM

Sorry 'N' I just saw your response. I'll be in the office tomorrow (Yes I know on the public holiday) and will try to download from the link in your post - thank you very much.

Does anyone also know where I can download the latest Mailbytes protection the free version?

Thanks again, this is a great site!

Andy

#5 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  

Posted 30 September 2012 - 05:23 AM

Hi Andy -
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free <<You can download from here, but always check for updates prior to scans.
SuperantiSpyware Free << May also be a help (similar tool and similar directions)

Please ask if you need any more info :)

#6 asitha

asitha

• Banned Spammer
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:13 PM

Posted 30 September 2012 - 12:27 PM

you can simply download the newest version and install it. hopefully your problem will be solved

#7 Andos

Andos
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  

Posted 30 September 2012 - 10:08 PM

Thanks 'N' much appreciated. I'll download now.

Thanks again

#8 Andos

Andos
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  

Posted 30 September 2012 - 10:27 PM

Just tried to download, it comes up with an error when trying to download.

Any ideas? I'm trying to uninstall my current version.

#9 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:13 AM

Posted 01 October 2012 - 01:46 AM

Try using this for the meantime http://www.foxitsoftware.com/Secure_PDF_Reader/capabilities.php

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users