Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Simple question (I hope)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 process8

process8

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:30 AM

Posted 29 September 2012 - 12:31 PM

Hi,

Using Windows XP on my desktop and that's where the problem is, on my desktop. (Using the laptop right now to find some help).

I have the FBI ransom file trying to extort money. I did a lot of reading here and opened the desktop in Safe Mode and downloaded the Emsisoft Emergency Kit and so on. I'm so close to fixing the problem.

BUT I'm stuck right after I select the type of scan I want ("Deep Scan"). The next step is to simply hit the Scan button underneath to activate the selected scan. And therein lies the problem.

I can't get the cursor down to the "Scan" button just below and to the right which activates the program.

I know it's there. I can see it in one of the tutorial photos.

The screen is just too big in Safe Mode. I can't get the cursor to the scroll bars to move the screen up or down or side to side. They're not visible on the screen. The screen view is too large.

I can't move the screen up or down or side to side to scroll the screen. The bars or "off screen" I guess you might say.

How can I get to that last darn Scan button to start the process?

Thank you.

Edited by process8, 29 September 2012 - 01:00 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SleepyDude

SleepyDude

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,994 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:30 AM

Posted 29 September 2012 - 12:55 PM

Hi,

Try this press 2 times the Tab key then press Enter after clicking Deep Scan.

Edited by SleepyDude, 29 September 2012 - 12:56 PM.

• Please do not PM me asking for support. Post on the forums instead it will increases the chances of getting help for your problem by one of us.
• Posts in the Malware section that are not replied to within 4 days will be closed. PM me or a moderator to reactivate.
• Please post your final results, good or bad. We like to know! Thank you!

Proud graduate of GeekU and member of UNITE
___
Rui

#3 process8

process8
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:30 AM

Posted 29 September 2012 - 01:10 PM

Hi,

Try this press 2 times the Tab key then press Enter after clicking Deep Scan.

Pure genius, my friend.

Thank you so much.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users