Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Question about system32folder

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 SatinEssence

SatinEssence

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:34 AM

Posted 12 November 2004 - 02:47 PM

I found a folder in my system32 file that is called ReinstallBackups.......what is that for, and how do you reinstall what's in it??
I've been having problems opening psp 7,8,9 and animation shop.
Prior to this, I did full clean of my system using PCbugdoctor, trogan guard and spybot search and destroy. My computer had been running slow so that is what I did.
Only one of these programs asked to do a backup.
I then did a system restore and the same thing is happening. The only way that I can open psp is to open a psp file(graphic etc.) by double clicking it........that opens the program up, and then I can open animation shop from within psp. And it only opens psp7.
I hope that I explained this right and someone can help me to fix this.
Joyce

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,536 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:34 AM

Posted 13 November 2004 - 12:51 AM

I believe the reinstallbackups folder are for when you update a driver to newer version, this gives you the ability to "roll back" to the previous one. I may be wrong on this, but it is definitely driver related.

So what happens when you double-click on the animation shop icons? Does it attempt to load anything?

#3 SatinEssence

SatinEssence
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 13 November 2004 - 01:29 AM

When I click on icon......same thing happens.......error message saying unable to upen file. I'm at a loss as to what I can do. As I said none of programs psp 7,8,9 and animation shop will not open.
I get the same messages for all of them. :thumbsup:

#4 SatinEssence

SatinEssence
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 13 November 2004 - 01:33 AM

oops, and yes it does load and then the error message comes up and when you click on ok, it closes it down.

PS.Thank you for answer about the reinstall backup folder. :thumbsup:

#5 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,536 posts
  •  

Posted 13 November 2004 - 08:36 AM

Can you please give me the exact error message word for word about it not being able to open the file?

#6 LTH

LTH

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 13 November 2004 - 09:42 AM

I don't know if this has anything to do with your problem but I do know that if you have installed Service Pack 2 then you can't install PSP 8. Read this article: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=873176

LTH

#7 SatinEssence

SatinEssence
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 13 November 2004 - 10:21 PM

Word for word it says........"Unable to open the file""

#8 SatinEssence

SatinEssence
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 13 November 2004 - 10:23 PM

I did have psp 8 installed and it was working fine with SP2.....but I did have psp 8 installed before I installed SP2.

#9 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,536 posts
  •  

Posted 14 November 2004 - 10:55 AM

Are you having problems launching other shortcuts or programs or is it just these programs?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users