Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't connect to the internet

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 sdbuilt

sdbuilt

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:57 AM

Posted 28 September 2012 - 07:53 PM

Hello, I am not sure what is going on but I cannot connect to the Internet and Windows Network Diagnostics says that the DNS sever is not responding. I have it set to obtain an IP address and a DNS server automatically... Still doesn't work.

If you want me to tell you what ipconfig/all says please tell me exactly what you are looking for because I actually have no way of getting a file from my computer onto my phone right now. However the default gateway, dhcp, and DNS are all 192.168.2.1 while the ipv4 is 192.168.2.2 <preferred>.

Also, this happened when I had an iPad in transferring music, and I unplugged my Internet wireless adapter and plugged it into a different USB port, or at least I think that is when it happened. At any rate I got a message saying something about an IP address conflict which I did not pay much attention to.

One other detail is that it is not just my computer that can't connect. My iPhone and my friends iPad that I had plugged in so I could transfer music from my iTunes to his iPad cannot connect either..

Thanks for your help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:57 PM

Posted 28 September 2012 - 08:46 PM

Your other thread is here http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic470134.html

Tekken

#3 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,117 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:57 AM

Posted 28 September 2012 - 10:18 PM

This topic closed to avoid confusion and potentially conflicting information for everyone involved. Please continue in the other topic already noted above.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users