Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Gmail account

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 TexasAngel67

TexasAngel67

Bleeping Helper

• Members
  • 1,551 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:53 PM

Posted 12 November 2004 - 02:05 PM

I've been trying to get to my Gmail account but I get the message that says:

Your browser's cookie functionality is turned off. Please turn it on.

Which part of Internet Options for Internet Explorer do I need to fix?

Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 phawgg

phawgg

Learning Daily

• Members
  • 4,543 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:53 AM

Posted 12 November 2004 - 02:26 PM

try here, ~67 :flowers: or at that same spot, Internet options-->Privacy. I don't use IE much, but it should be set right... mine may be a little "tight"... even if it's just a backup to use for updates and online scans. :thumbsup:

Edited by phawgg, 12 November 2004 - 02:30 PM.

patiently patrolling, plenty of persisant pests n' problems ...

#3 TexasAngel67

TexasAngel67

Bleeping Helper

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,551 posts
  •  

Posted 12 November 2004 - 02:48 PM

Hey, thanks Phawgg. I knew it was a Privacy issue in Internet Options but wasn't sure which setting needed to be changed. As it turns out, I had google and gmail all 'always block' on the cookie settings. I decided awhile back to take more control of my cookie settings since one website can generously give you all the cookies they want. Plus, I no longer have those 4 items in my temp internet folder that wouldn't delete unless in Safe Mode (prior thread of mine here at BC).
Anyway, thanks.
P.S. Please check your gmail account, Phawgg.
P.S.S. For those of you who have gmail accounts and like me (lol) message me your addy. Shibby gave me the invite for gmail awhile ago but don't have any friends yet, :thumbsup: .

#4 phawgg

phawgg

Learning Daily

• Members
  • 4,543 posts
  •  

Posted 12 November 2004 - 02:55 PM

:inlove: You've got friend coast-to-coast my dear! I have a g-mail notifier that one of our English friends tipped me off to. I'll send it to you. :flowers: I need to re-install it myself, I miss it being discreetly in the lower right of my Firefox browser windows letting me know the instant an email (or actually Gmail :thumbsup: ) arrives. Then I just do what you've suggested I do: CHECK YOUR EMAIL I don't use the messenger, I don't use the Outlook Express, I don't use Outlook itself and I'd like to bundle all those MSN things up and quarantine them. :trumpet:

#5 TexasAngel67

TexasAngel67

Bleeping Helper

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,551 posts
  •  

Posted 12 November 2004 - 03:28 PM

I'm with you, I never use Outlook Express. I don't care for the program because it has too many issues and I never give out my ISP email addresses anyway. All you newbies, PLEASE DO NOT do that unless you REALLY know the person.
Phawgg, I look forward to the notifier thingy! Thanks!

#6 jaik

jaik

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:53 PM

Posted 25 November 2004 - 07:24 AM

I heard Gmail account is only by invitation. Its not open for all like www.homemaster.net or www.postmaster.co.uk. You can secure a lot of information pertaining to Gmail from the discussion forum of www.homemaster.net.

#7 phawgg

phawgg

Learning Daily

• Members
  • 4,543 posts
  •  

Posted 09 December 2004 - 03:50 AM

Thank you jaik, I joined homemaster after your mention. I think it's a very good deal at zero dollars. I look forward to having membership there. :thumbsup:

#8 TexasAngel67

TexasAngel67

Bleeping Helper

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,551 posts
  •  

Posted 09 December 2004 - 12:47 PM

I've done the same thing. I think it looks great. It's free. Spam free, too. And the appearance is awesome without all the extra junk. So far, I like it. I'll have to give it out and recommend it to everyone.
Thanks for passing it along, JAIK.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users