Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unable to Identify or remove Malware

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 1kmaguire

1kmaguire

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:27 PM

Posted 28 September 2012 - 12:19 PM

I have a windows vista 32bit laptop which will not browse the internet with IE 8 or ie9. Google browser will function properly. Eset , Malwarebytes, SAS, Kaspersky Virus removal tool and Microsoft security essential scans do not identify any malicious files. Hijack this does report a couple of bho's that look suspicious, and attempting to remove them are unsuccessful. I did also run combofix which found two files in temp folders which combofix reports to delete, "fiesys.dll" and "http.dll", but after rebooting the computer those files in the temp folder remain. I cannot manually delete these files. I can rename the files.
Any suggestions would be welcome.
Thanks in advance,
Kevin

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SleepyDude

SleepyDude

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,994 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:27 AM

Posted 28 September 2012 - 12:28 PM

Hi,

If none of those tools solved the problem then I suggest you start a new thread on the Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs section.

Before you post please read Preparation Guide For Use Before Using Malware Removal Tools and Requesting Help.

Edited by SleepyDude, 28 September 2012 - 12:29 PM.

• Please do not PM me asking for support. Post on the forums instead it will increases the chances of getting help for your problem by one of us.
• Posts in the Malware section that are not replied to within 4 days will be closed. PM me or a moderator to reactivate.
• Please post your final results, good or bad. We like to know! Thank you!

Proud graduate of GeekU and member of UNITE
___
Rui

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users