Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Download.trojan - St3.dll

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ia74

ia74

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:37 PM

Posted 17 March 2006 - 04:44 PM

This is a virus that appears as ST3.DLL in my Windows on my C Drive. I run Windows XP for Home.

I have shut off System Restore and tried to get rid of this in Safe Mode using Norton's Anti-Virus and Ad-Aware. Neither program will Quarantine or Delete the issue. A friend of mine managed to rename the virus in Safe Mode to ST3.txt in the hopes he could delete the text file. No such luck. (It did however get rid of the annoying Pop-Ups every time I open a new Window)

He also recommended using a program called 'Hijack This' but neither of us is computer savvy enough to know exactly what to remove if we use this.

Does anyone have any ideas or can anyone offer any assistance in this matter to help me remove the virus? I'm lucky I know how to turn my computer on so if I'm unclear on any information or more details are needed, please, let me know and I'll be glad to provide them.

I've been looking for an answer for 2 days now with no luck.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:37 PM

Posted 17 March 2006 - 08:24 PM

You may create a HJT log and post it to our HJT forum, where our expert team of volunteers will use it to analyse your hard drive and help you get rid of any malware it finds.
Instructions for posting, which should be read carefully, are found here:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/

Some points to remember are:
1. Logs are taken on a first-posted, first-help basis and other members may be ahead of you in queue. Please be patient and refrain from "bumping" your log, since that will only serve to put it back at the end of the line.
2. Please refrain from running any anti-malware applications or making further attempts at fixing the problem, since this activity may well invalidate the data in the log and only confuse the team member trying to help you.

Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users