Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Compaq C712nr Computer Graphics Card

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 PoppyJ

PoppyJ

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:58 PM

Posted 27 September 2012 - 07:16 PM

Just wondering if anyone has updated their Compaq C712nr computer to Windows 7. It came with the 32 bit Windows Vista in it and I upgraded it to Windows 7 Ultimate. The problem I hve is with the graphics card. I can see things OK and there is color, however everything seems to be "generic". I cannot customize/personalize the color schemesor anything like that. I know that when I ran the Windows 7 Upgrade advisor, it did single out the graphics card as "not compatible".

Has anyone else had this minor problem? If so did you find some driver for the graphics card that would enable you to "work around" this problem and give you the full range of graphics/colors as you would normally have? I have tried downloading a new driver for the Intel Graphics Media Accelerator X3100 but it seemed to do nothing. It all worked fine with the old Vista 32 bit system. Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

PoppyJ

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:58 AM

Posted 28 September 2012 - 03:24 AM

Hi PoppyJ -
Please post a snapshot with Speccy as this may give us a bit more to look at -
Publish a Snapshot using Speccy << Follow These Directions

Thanks -

#3 PoppyJ

PoppyJ
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:58 PM

Posted 29 September 2012 - 10:09 PM

Will do as soon as I get the computer back from the kids.

#4 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:58 AM

Posted 29 September 2012 - 10:15 PM

Will do as soon as I get the computer back from the kids.

:rolleyes: Same problem that I get at times - :)
Can you call them to do this "simple" post so we can have a better look at the Graphics card that is installed ?

Only joking - Whenever you get time -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users