Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Too many Windows 7 IE9 goggle search start up problems

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 akc123

akc123

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:00 AM

Posted 27 September 2012 - 12:38 PM

Besides being very computer unsavvy, I know that on my Windows 7, IE 9 with
google as my search engine I am having, for at least the past week problems. When I put in a seach item it takes a year and a day before the spinning wheel stops turning. Then I may or may not be able to open to a site. Best luck is with sites I have as favs like, fb, gmail. Troubleshooting tells me I Have too many programs running at startup and to delete the one I don't need. Problem is I have no idea what I need or don't. Writing this on my husband's computer,which I don't think is trouble free either but I have been told to not do anything on his, which is fine. I just need HELP with mine. Thanks to anyone who has the time.

Edited by hamluis, 29 September 2012 - 06:14 PM.
Merged 2 topics, 1 post in another topic - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 akc123

akc123
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 27 September 2012 - 03:46 PM

Really sick and tired of ie 9 the past week but not very computer savvy so it would be like talking to a 7 yr old. Can I uninstall Internet Explorer (I guess 9 is the add on)in the condition it's in which it takes forever to start due to 'too many programs starting at start up' which I can't seem to fix by any of the 4 methods Microsoft gives me. If I did this would I lose FaceBook, Gmail, Itunes and any pictures I have in Windows Live Photo Gallery and some other place just called 'pictures' in the area to the right of Programs (see you would be speaking to someone very unknowledgeable) or should I just try and try again to get IE 9 to work, which when it did suited me fine because of the favorites and opening tab after tab after tab to open new sites. Am I making any sense? The more I read about the vulnerabilities of IE the more uncomfortable I get but I have Micro Security Essentials which seemed to be catching things, albeit 5 hrs after the apparent horrible, terrible virus was noticed. Typing this on husband's computer (he knows less than I do so we need to bibe our 16 yr old a lot but I'm tired of that route too). Your site comes very well recommended and at least I feel there is someone to trust but not sure if even posting correctly here. Wrote earlier under akc and see there were some replies but can't even find them. Remember please I could so much use the help but I'm pretty useless about a lot. Believe it's a 32 bit, Windows 7 with 9 added on for better use and I use google as a search engine. Just don't want to crash and burn the whole thing which I may already have done. Thank anyone. Arleen

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,127 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:00 AM

Posted 27 September 2012 - 05:06 PM

Do the following:

Download Autoruns for Windows, http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb963902.aspx , save to desktop.

Doubleclick autoruns.zip file...elect to Extract All...push Next...push Next...Yes To All...press Finish.

On the new screen that remains...click autoruns.exe, then Run.

Browse to the tab which is headed Logon...click it. Expand the screen so that you can see everything on that tab.

Take a screen shot, save it...post it in your next post.

How To Capture And Edit A Screen Shot - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic43088.html/page__gopid__2493350

Louis

#4 akc123

akc123
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 29 September 2012 - 10:50 AM

Hi
Very new to this site and can already see it's a gift but am so unsure how to use it. I have Windows 7 and Internet Explorer. Here's where I get lost. I believe IE explorer is my browser? and know that a lot of problems have been going on. I've posted before but so stupid, get this, that when I see replies under my posts I don't know how to view them. I know this is pathetic but I can follow along. So, my system starts, takes password, I entered the 'blue screen view site' recommended and here we sit. Does the system know enough not to open this site because it may help with solution or am I just wasting my time because it's too far gone. I will post and try to find any answers anyone suggests and I'm really thankful for the help. It's just that, even with this site that I know is good, I'm too unsavvy to navigate around. Thanks to anyone. Sorry, using my son's computer to post this. Mine is frozen. Any info machine has given prior is 'too many programs running at start up'.

Edited by akc123, 29 September 2012 - 11:00 AM.

#5 SleepyDude

SleepyDude

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,077 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:00 AM

Posted 29 September 2012 - 10:56 AM

Hi,

Your old post is here can't you see the reply by Hamluis?

Mod Edit: Merged post/topics - Hamluis.

Edited by hamluis, 29 September 2012 - 06:12 PM.

• Please do not PM me asking for support. Post on the forums instead it will increases the chances of getting help for your problem by one of us.
• Posts in the Malware section that are not replied to within 4 days will be closed. PM me or a moderator to reactivate.
• Please post your final results, good or bad. We like to know! Thank you!

Proud graduate of GeekU and member of UNITE
___
Rui

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users