Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

IT as life-long career

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 get-to-know

get-to-know

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:36 AM

Posted 27 September 2012 - 11:45 AM

HI all,

I vow to be an IT professional but I don't have much higher educational background in IT field.

Could I be advised to access IT library from beginning to advanced level at any web-site?

Looking for kind reply

Thank you

Edit: Moved topic from XP to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Textbook

Textbook

• Members
  • 89 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:36 PM

Posted 27 September 2012 - 02:54 PM

I would start with training for the CompTIA A+ certification exam.

Professor Messer has free video training to cover all aspects of the A+ (and Network+) exams.

Even though I had already used computers for years and didn't even have to study to pass the exam, it was the first certification I obtained after dropping out of engineering school, and with that one certification I was hired for an entry-level technical support position 3 years ago. I was recently promoted to manager.

After A+, I would recommend Network+ if it interests you.

The problem you may run into is that many employers are still looking out for only formal education degrees or previous experience, even for entry level IT. It's like they completely ignore the certifications. Even so, getting one is better than nothing.

#3 get-to-know

get-to-know
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:36 AM

Posted 29 September 2012 - 05:14 AM

Thank you textbook.

For me , it is unfair for poor people to further their career advancement since they cannot invest their money in education unlike the rich.

I have one certification but surprisingly , my achievement is far more than those who have degree.It is all about hardship to gain exposure.

But sure I will be humble to learn and practice.

on the way now to learn from professor messer .

#4 herg62123

herg62123

• Members
  • 553 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:36 PM

Posted 06 October 2012 - 02:04 PM

Passed both CompTIA A+ tests as of today.
Posted Image

#5 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:36 PM

Posted 07 October 2012 - 09:01 AM

Congratulations!
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#6 Nawtheasta

Nawtheasta

• Members
  • 398 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:36 PM

Posted 03 November 2012 - 08:39 PM

Congratulations to those certified and my wish of encouragement for those wanting to pursue this field.
I use my computer every day for my small business. I have been called upon from time to time to help family members when they find themselves infected. My resource is always BC. The thought of dealing with a companies or schools computers system makes my stomach flip. My hat is off to IT people. I could never do that for a living.
I just want this magic blinking box to just keep working and to not bother me. :wacko:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users