Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Looking to replace motherboard

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 millse72

millse72

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:36 PM

Posted 27 September 2012 - 09:01 AM

So I was having some issues with usb ports not working and computer not booting all the time. I was told it was the motherboard that was the issue. This is my current mother board (from a Gateway gt5622)

Looking for something that would be a direct replacement that would be as cheap as possible with out slowing my system down then my current setup. I was looking at some other options but thinking of just doing a direct swap would be the best right now for me

Posted Image

Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,406 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:36 PM

Posted 27 September 2012 - 12:46 PM

Specs

You may want to explore at http://www.buycheapr.com/us/result.jsp?ga=us22&q=ecs+945gct+nm .

Louis

#3 MDTechService

MDTechService

• Members
  • 303 posts
  •  

Posted 27 September 2012 - 01:01 PM

Intel G41

$50 with free shipping on Newegg. Probably the best deal your going to find short of eBay. Boards with the DDR2 memory standard are hard to come by now because of the prevalence of DDR3. It has integrated graphics. Nothing special, but it will get the job done.
If I am helping you and I haven't replied to your thread in 3 days, please PM me or bump it

Mike D, BS, A+, HPSP, MCTS
I <3 Linux
The Airline Open source airline simulation game
Check the power cable to the wall first!

#4 millse72

millse72
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 27 September 2012 - 02:03 PM

Intel G41

$50 with free shipping on Newegg. Probably the best deal your going to find short of eBay. Boards with the DDR2 memory standard are hard to come by now because of the prevalence of DDR3. It has integrated graphics. Nothing special, but it will get the job done.

thank you again for you help! and i would like to upgrade my whole system to ddr3 and better processor in the near future, just going to spend 50$ and now and get my PC up and running and then start a build on the side so I can take my time and figure out the best options for the fastest computer on a budget, was looking at the AMD ones a bit more and seems like you can get along more out of your dollar.

Edited by millse72, 27 September 2012 - 02:03 PM.

#5 MDTechService

MDTechService

• Members
  • 303 posts
  •  

Posted 27 September 2012 - 07:02 PM

Intel produces generally better processors, however if you find two comparable processors between the two manufacturers based on cores, benchmarks, clock speeds, etc, you will find AMD processors to be less expensive. AMD is trying to compensate for trouble competing with Intel by gaining a price edge.
If I am helping you and I haven't replied to your thread in 3 days, please PM me or bump it

Mike D, BS, A+, HPSP, MCTS
I <3 Linux
The Airline Open source airline simulation game
Check the power cable to the wall first!

#6 millse72

millse72
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 30 September 2012 - 02:36 PM

Intel G41

any other suggestions on mobo's? this one did not work, ram did not snap in and did not fit in my case even, much smaller

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users