Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

external hdd recycler.exe /

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 lakan_309

lakan_309

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:07 PM

Posted 26 September 2012 - 05:40 PM

Hi!
I need help really bad.Yesterday my computer and my external hdd was all clear. no viruses or whatever issues.at least that is what I think it was. When I needed to use my external hdd again I found out that all my files have been turned into shortcuts with that extension .lnk. I'm using Avast free anti virus which detected this and it recommended that I shut it into its virus chest which I did. Apparently there's more and now I cannot see my files/data in my external hdd although it shows that the space it used to occupy is still the same.

I'm scanning my laptop with eset online scanner as I'm typing this message.The scan has been going on since last night. In the external hdd I found this RECYCLER FOLDER which was not there before yesterday. There is some .exe file in it which is now gone because of the previous antivirus recommendation that I followed. However there are other things detected by Malwarebytes which I also used last night. I think my external hdd still contains the data but I cant see it anywhere. I know that it is there because the space that used to be occupied did not change. I hope I can recover all of the data in my hdd.

The other issues detected by avast are WIN32 SALITY(there is a file which I don't recall I ever saw in the hdd called F:\jliix.exe) and INF:AutoRun-AW[wrm]. I also found this Win3:Dorkbot-BH[trj]. It had this F:\RECYCLER\e5188982.exe with it or it was found in there.
Eset Online scanner is not yet done but I'm seeing a lot of other threats it has already detected.

I'm really worried now.
Please help me!!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 narenxp

narenxp

• BC Advisor
  • 16,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:07 PM

Posted 27 September 2012 - 07:10 AM

Read the guide here on preparing logs

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic34773.html