Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Printer is taking a minute to respond over the network

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 uByte

uByte

• Members
  • 243 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:48 PM

Posted 26 September 2012 - 03:34 PM

I have a printer that I am trying to figure out why it is not working.

I have Epson Stylus R280 shared on a windows xp machine. I can print without any issue when printing to the printer directly from the xp machine. But when I try and print over the network on my windows 7 HP 64 it takes about a minute for it to respond. It is in various programs not just word or chrome or notepad.

I have tried to take the printer and plug it up (via USB) to the Windows 7 computer and share it from there and the printer is very slow when printering directly (almost like the same problem). While hooked up in this configuration I can print via shared from the xp machine fine with no delay.

I have restarted the print spooler, rebooted, and ran a scan with system file checker with no cigar. I have also reinstalled the drivers off of the website on both machines. I am still at a loss for what the problem is. The windows 7 computer is new (less than a month old).

Any help is appreciated,
uByte

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:48 AM

Posted 26 September 2012 - 07:17 PM

This links may help you http://www.techrepublic.com/article/workarounds-for-slow-network-printing/1054937
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/89483-print-spooler-queue-clear-reset.html

Tekken

#3 uByte

uByte
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 243 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:48 PM

Posted 28 September 2012 - 10:35 AM

thanks i will check those out and see if they help.

ubyte

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users