Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Favorite Editors (WYSIWYG and Text)

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 MDTechService

MDTechService

• Members
  • 303 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:07 PM

Posted 26 September 2012 - 01:36 PM

Just for conversation sakes, what is everyone's favorite text editor or WYSIWYG program for web development? There are more offerings out there than you can shake a stick at, so I'm just curious what everyone prefers.

I currently use Photoshop for visual design, Notepad++ and Dreamweaver for the coding and building.

Because I do the hardware/OS side of things as well, I'm often too busy to write PHP/JS codes, so I'm a huge fan of free scripts as well :thumbup2:
If I am helping you and I haven't replied to your thread in 3 days, please PM me or bump it

Mike D, BS, A+, HPSP, MCTS
I <3 Linux
The Airline Open source airline simulation game
Check the power cable to the wall first!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:07 PM

Posted 26 September 2012 - 07:38 PM

Notepad++ for coding.

#3 KamakaZ

KamakaZ

• Members
  • 739 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:07 AM

Posted 27 September 2012 - 06:18 PM

Windows :
Text editor of some sort, mainly Notepad++ or Komodo.
Dreamweaver if I am at home.

Mac :
Just downloaded Taco HTML editor last night and am loving it!

Most of deisgn in Photoshop or GIMP again depending if i'm at home or not.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1
There are 10 types of people in the world, those that can read binary, and those who can't.

#4 MDTechService

MDTechService
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 303 posts
  •  

Posted 28 September 2012 - 09:34 AM

I have Photoshop and GIMP. GIMP is nice, but for web design I've found Photoshop to be better because of the toolsets and integration with other Adobe software.

I recently came across software that supposedly takes a visual design from Photoshop and somehow hacks it up into a complete HTML site. Somehow, I'm finding myself a tad doubtful about the capabilities of such a program.
If I am helping you and I haven't replied to your thread in 3 days, please PM me or bump it

Mike D, BS, A+, HPSP, MCTS
I <3 Linux
The Airline Open source airline simulation game
Check the power cable to the wall first!

#5 graphicsman

graphicsman

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 23 October 2012 - 10:31 AM

well my web design is based on the type of project, client, and intended back end development. If I am doing a simple 5 page site Ill Photoshop for approval and code in notepad++ (I hate Dreamweaver with a passion and think its overrated). If I am building a master template for a client for asp.net I will use Visual Studio 2012 and if it JavaScript heavy Ill use Web Developer

#6 rajjaak24

rajjaak24

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:07 AM

Posted 24 October 2012 - 12:51 PM

I have Photoshop and GIMP. GIMP is nice, but for web design I've found Photoshop to be better because of the toolsets and integration with other Adobe software.

I recently came across software that supposedly takes a visual design from Photoshop and somehow hacks it up into a complete HTML site. Somehow, I'm finding myself a tad doubtful about the capabilities of such a program.

You can do that im Photoshop by going to "save for web" but the code doesn't look good -at all.
If your making WP themes you can use Divine Elemente, a plugin for Photoshop I've tried it for a few weeks its not as easy as they describe in their videos. Elemente's base layouts didnt match my design. So I just went back to good ol' Notepad++

#7 DarkSnake-Kobra

DarkSnake-Kobra

• Members
  • 633 posts
  •  

Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:24 PM

Notepad++ or vim here. :)

#8 KamakaZ

KamakaZ

• Members
  • 739 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:07 AM

Posted 28 October 2012 - 08:41 PM

Notepad++ or vim here. :)

+1 for Vim in Linux shell!!

There's no place like 127.0.0.1
There are 10 types of people in the world, those that can read binary, and those who can't.

#9 Cydrobolt

Cydrobolt

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:08 PM

Netbeans FTW! It works with almost all languages and works smoothly :)
http://netbeans.org

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users