Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Inetpub Folder

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 RED21

RED21

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:32 PM

Posted 17 March 2006 - 12:46 PM

Help!
I got this...

The server was unable to add the virtual root '/Scripts' for the directory 'c:\inetpub\Scripts' due to the following error: The system cannot find the file specified. The data is the error code.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Snapper

Snapper

• Members
  • 550 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:32 AM

Posted 17 March 2006 - 07:27 PM

are you logging into a network? a domain?
does this happen on login?
post back please
Google...Google.....browse..read

#3 RED21

RED21
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 18 March 2006 - 10:42 AM

No i'm not logged into a domain or network.
I don't know when it happens but it's there in the event viewer.

Here's more as of today...

The server was unable to add the virtual root '/Scripts' for the directory 'c:\inetpub\Scripts' due to the following error: The system cannot find the file specified. The data is the error code.

The server was unable to add the virtual root '' for the directory 'c:\inetpub\wwwroot' due to the following error: The system cannot find the file specified. The data is the error code.

The server {1BA06D22-B9EE-4C61-8CD9-5FC9E9FA3264} did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.

Windows cannot unload your registry file. The memory used by the registry has not been freed. This is often caused by services running as a user account, try configuring the services to run in either the LocalService or NetworkService account. If this problem persists, contact your administrator.

#4 Snapper

Snapper

• Members
  • 550 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2006 - 07:05 AM

oh i see, this is in your event viewer.well in your event viewer, it also gives you an event id #. this number will help determine the problem.
please post back with as many details as possible for best help.

#5 RED21

RED21
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2006 - 07:57 AM

Windows cannot unload your registry file. The memory used by the registry has not been freed. This is often caused by services running as a user account, try configuring the services to run in either the LocalService or NetworkService account. If this problem persists, contact your administrator.

DETAIL - Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service.
(I know I have more than enough... my paging file is around 1GB and I have 512MB of RAM)

The World Wide Web Publishing service hung on starting.

The server was unable to add the virtual root '' for the directory 'c:\inetpub\wwwroot' due to the following error: The system cannot find the file specified. The data is the error code.
Data:(words)
0000: 00000002

Data:(words)
0000: 00000002

#6 Snapper

Snapper

• Members
  • 550 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2006 - 10:28 AM

http://www.eventid.net/
this is a useful place to help with event id's. however, lol, it fails to help you with your issue regarding event id 101 and inetpub. every bit of searching i do, comes up with some kind of server service. lemme look more,ill post back.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users