Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Shadowbane Free

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Mr Alpha

Mr Alpha

• Members
  • 1,875 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:40 AM

Posted 17 March 2006 - 11:57 AM

I figured you guys would want to know that Shadowbane is now completely free. You don't need to buy it or pay subscription anymore. Just download it from gamespy and create a ubi account.

For those of you who are wondering what it is, Shadowbane is an MMORPG focused on PvP, both in small scale and in large battles with factions, sieges, conquerable cities and zones.
"Anyone who cannot form a community with others, or who does not need to because he is self-sufficient [...] is either a beast or a god." Aristotle
Intel Core 2 Quad | XFX 780i SLI | 8GB Corsair | Gigabyte GeForce 8800GTX | Auzentech X-Fi Prelude| Logitech G15 | Logitech MX Revolution | LG Flatron L2000C | Logitech Z-5500 Digital

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,504 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:40 PM

Posted 20 March 2006 - 12:08 PM

No joke? Why did they do this...not making nearly the money they thought they would?

#3 conk

conk

• Members
  • 295 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:40 PM

Posted 20 March 2006 - 04:10 PM

i was looking around and they say its because too many players are going to bigger and newer mmos world of warcraft mostly id guess.
If the universe is ever expanding, what are we expanding into?

#4 Mr Alpha

Mr Alpha
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,875 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:40 AM

Posted 22 March 2006 - 10:16 AM

I picked up a couple or rumours as to why they did this. Both are about Shadowbane 2: The first is that this is a marketing thing, to build up the Shadowbane name for Shadowbane 2, and the second is that, consider a new server came up yesterday, that they're testing new server hardware for Shadowbane 2.

As for playing: come to the new server, Braialla. The first 3-6 months tend to be the most interesting. After that things settle down into a political deadlock.
"Anyone who cannot form a community with others, or who does not need to because he is self-sufficient [...] is either a beast or a god." Aristotle
Intel Core 2 Quad | XFX 780i SLI | 8GB Corsair | Gigabyte GeForce 8800GTX | Auzentech X-Fi Prelude| Logitech G15 | Logitech MX Revolution | LG Flatron L2000C | Logitech Z-5500 Digital

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users