Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Toshiba Drivers

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Chris1348

Chris1348

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:59 AM

Posted 25 September 2012 - 02:19 PM

I have an old Toshiba Satellite A25-S3072 laptop that I just formatted and loaded Windows 7 on. I am looking for some type of utility that can help me scan and locate the correct drivers for this laptop. Does anybody know of a good FREE utility? Most of what I have found requires a $30.00 purchase or more.

Thanks,

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 caperdog

caperdog

• BC Advisor
  • 954 posts
  •  

Posted 25 September 2012 - 03:01 PM

I doubt there were any drivers written for that machine for win 7.
Whats not working ?

#3 Chris1348

Chris1348
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 25 September 2012 - 03:06 PM

A few things aren't working - Wireless and Audio are the two main items right now. I have it connected to Internet via ethernet cable for now.

#4 Textbook

Textbook

• Members
  • 89 posts
  •  

Posted 25 September 2012 - 03:52 PM

Your Satellite A25-S3072 is in the same part-number family (PSA20U) as the Satellite A25-S307. Here are the hardware specifications.

Here is the drivers page on Toshiba's website. Have you tried installing any of those?

#5 caperdog

caperdog

• BC Advisor
  • 954 posts
  •  

Posted 25 September 2012 - 04:02 PM

also you can use "speccy" to find out what hardware you have and look to the hardware makers site for drivers

#6 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  

Posted 25 September 2012 - 04:43 PM

This will help you with running Speccy and explain how to post the results.

• [
  • Go to Piriform's website, and click the big Posted Image button.

Next, click Download from Piriform.com (the FileHippo link requires an extra click). Or if you want to use a portable version of Speccy (which doesn't require installation), click the builds page link and download the portable version.

You will now be asked where you want to save the file. The best place to put it is the Desktop, as it will be easy to find later.
  • After the file finishes downloading, you are ready to run Speccy. If you downloaded the installer, simply double-click on it and follow the prompts until installation is complete. If you downloaded the portable version, you will need to unzip it before use. Right-click the ZIP file and click Extract all. Click Next. Open up the extracted folder and double-click on Speccy.
  • Once inside Speccy, it will look similar to this (with your computer's specifications, of course):
    Posted Image

Now, at the top, click File > Publish Snapshot

You will see the following prompt:
    Posted Image

Click Yes > then Copy to Clipboard

Posted Image

Now, once you are back in the forum topic you are posting in, click the Posted Image button. Right-click in the empty space of the Reply box and click Paste. Then, click Add Reply below the Reply box.

Congrats! You have just posted your specs!

Once you have done that we can help. Also look in the device mananger and make sure the video driver is loaded and not a generic VGA driver.

Thanks
Roger

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users