Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Filesharing Music

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Heyoldman

Heyoldman

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:01 AM

Posted 17 March 2006 - 11:53 AM

I'm wondering if i get most of my viruses from download music off of filesharers. If so, how can i get music and still keep the viruses off me.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:01 AM

Posted 17 March 2006 - 12:02 PM

Spyware Infested Filesharing Programs: http://kppfree.altervista.org/spylist.htm

The Truth About Free Music Downloads & P2P Applications:
http://www.1st-free-music-download.com/fre...-downloads.html

Free Music Download Site Reviews.
The P2P sites listed here are ok.
http://www.1st-free-music-download.com/fre...ite-review.html
Posted Image

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 17 March 2006 - 12:03 PM

P2P file sharing is a major cause of computer infections, not to mention spyware that often comes bundled with your p2p client. The most obvious solution is to pay for your music downloads from a reputable source, as cheap and as handy as this has become.The added benefit is that you know the files are safe and the "artist" is receiving some money for his effort.
Again, sleuthing around the internet will allow you to discover many new popular music artists and groups who legitmately offer some of their music for free so they become known.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#4 Darren De Wilde

Darren De Wilde

• Members
  • 208 posts
  •  

Posted 17 March 2006 - 12:32 PM

DEAR HEYOLDMAN,

I can testify to all advice against downloading free music. I downloaded my beloved Pink Floyd Live at pompeii divx from limewire which I have a feeling has contributed alot to the problems thereafter.

Jgweed has a perfect point...just pay for it ((normally at less than a dollar )and enjoy the track(s) and peace of mind that comes with them rather than stressing and puking over the ultimate result of windows balls ups after you have listened or watched it, owed mostly to the crap that loads up in the background on freeware tracks that I have learnt the hardway about.

Darren

#5 Darren De Wilde

Darren De Wilde

• Members
  • 208 posts
  •  

Posted 17 March 2006 - 12:35 PM

Scarlett,

What a brill link. (Truth about p2p)
Thanks

#6 Heyoldman

Heyoldman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  

Posted 17 March 2006 - 12:37 PM

thanks for the info

#7 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  

Posted 17 March 2006 - 12:47 PM

Your welcome Heyoldman and thanks Darren. :thumbsup:

BTW Here is another great link from the same site:

How to Download Free Legal Music:
Top Sites That Allow You to Download Free Legal Music:
http://www.1st-free-music-download.com/dow...egal-music.html

There are plenty of musicians and Independent artists that give you permission to download music for free as a way to bring them recognition, and promote their music. They need the exposure, and you want free music - it's a true win-win solution.

You never know, you may end up with some of the first tracks of bands that break through. ;)
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users