Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dell M1530 Touchpad / Mouse

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Bead87

Bead87

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:04 AM

Posted 25 September 2012 - 11:46 AM

I have a Dell M1530 running Vista Home Premium 32-bit. My touchpad \ mouse has stopped working. The pointer just sits in the middle of the screen. I even tried to use a USB mouse, that didn't work either. I got the newest driver for it from Dell, installed it & still nothing. When I check for it in the Device Manager the Mouse \ Touchpad has a yellow ! on it. Checking the driver for it, it says windows can't load the driver cause it is corrupt or missing (code 39). I can barely navigate around on it! Please help me! I just want my mouse \ touchpad to work again! I don't want to have to do a complete reinstall, I'm not that smart & would probably mess it up.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  

Posted 25 September 2012 - 12:40 PM

Hi, Any issue with the Touchpad driver or hardware would have no connection to the USB mouse problem. The problem if both are not working sound like a windows issue.

With the USB mouse plugged in does it show up the Device Manager? It should show up and load drivers that are provided by Windows.
Have you tested the USB ports to see if anything else plugged into them is working?
Have You tried System Restore to go back in Time to when the Mouse / Touchpad worked?
System Restore should be accessed by going to Start, All Programs, Accessories, System Tools, System Restore.
Our Tutorial on using it is here
Windows Vista System Restore Guide

Introduction to System Restore

System Restore is a system recovery feature of Windows that creates snapshots, or restore points, of the state of your computer at various intervals or before you perform a certain task. These restore points can then be used to restore your computer back to the state it was in when they were taken. When these restore points are created, and restored, the only files affected are the Windows Registry, programs, and system files. Your data such as spreadsheets, documents, images, and music remain untouched between restores.

You may be wondering why you would want to restore your computer to a previous point. The reason being that there comes a time in every computer user's life that they install a new program, install a new driver, or just turn on the computer and find it no longer works as it did the day before. You have no idea why, can't resolve the problems, and are left with two options. You can either backup your data, reinstall the operating system, and then reinstall all your applications or you can restore your computer to a previous snapshot in the hopes that the problems will now be gone. By using System Restore to restore your computer to a previously known working state you can save considerable time or money compared to reinstalling the entire computer.

Good Luck
Roger

Edited by rotor123, 25 September 2012 - 12:41 PM.
Clarity

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

#3 narenxp

narenxp

• BC Advisor
  • 16,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:04 AM

Posted 25 September 2012 - 01:26 PM

From your previous topics it seems you have Kaspersky.

If system restore recommended by rotor123 doesnt work,uninstall kaspersky

Kaspersky is main cause of code 39 errors related to touchpad.

good luck

#4 Bead87

Bead87
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 25 September 2012 - 01:46 PM

Thank you all so much! Just before you answered my thread I managed to fix it myself! Yes I used to have Kapersky on this laptop, but uninstalled it using their uninstaller. It uninstalled just fine, no touchpad problems. Then yesterday this issue happened.

What solved it for me was going into my registry and editing the Upper Filter on my mouse Class. It had "klmouflt mouclass". I went in and deleted ONLY the "klmouflt" part of the entry, leaving the "mouclass" part there. Restarted the computer and WHAM! touchpad / mouse works again!

Thank you all! I would never have the courage to even attempt to work on my computers myself if not for all your genius and self sacrifice!

YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#5 narenxp

narenxp

• BC Advisor
  • 16,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:04 AM

Posted 25 September 2012 - 02:01 PM

What solved it for me was going into my registry and editing the Upper Filter on my mouse Class. It had "klmouflt mouclass". I went in and deleted ONLY the "klmouflt" part of the entry, leaving the "mouclass" part there.

Fantastic !! I would have suggested the same if kaspersky uninstallation had failed to solve the issue.

This is a common issue with kaspersky.

#6 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  

Posted 25 September 2012 - 02:31 PM

Thanks for coming by and reporting the resolution to the problem. It will help others with the same problem later on.

Roger

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users