Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 won't allow over-writing files, have to save as..

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 drwmbt

drwmbt

• Members
  • 98 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:29 PM

Posted 25 September 2012 - 08:57 AM

Hi guys, I'm having a two fold issue that seems to stem from the issue in windows 7 where it wont allow you to over-write a file after opening it up for editing. Hopefully this topic has been discussed to death here and my google searches were oblivious to the answer, but im not able to find it. We've been turning off the preview pane by "changing views" in the windows explorer (which i might add, windows seven likes to "Forget" and return it to ITS' desired settings) but now im also having problems saving simple meta-data into files such as keywords and tags in adobe bridge and i believe its related to this very same issue. It's as tho a "preview" is being generated somewhere, (else?) and now that we've turned the preview pane off, i cannot tell where its coming from. Does anyone know if this is related to "windows aero peek?" or any of those "advanced" settings in visual performance tab of the "My computer" properties?

any help is as always, greatly appreciated,
best,
-drwmbt

Edited by drwmbt, 25 September 2012 - 08:59 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users