Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot log in hotmail

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Lishy

Lishy

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:08 AM

Posted 25 September 2012 - 07:39 AM

Hi guys. I can't access my email through any means for some reason, and it's only a particular email I use.

Be it through hotmail or the windows live messenger client itself. However, when logging into hotmail with another account, it worked. It only refuses to log into a particular account.

Specifically, I woke up today to check into email to find for some reason I was logged out. So trying to log back in, firefox just redirects me to the login page again! Meanwhile, Windows Live Messenger just tells me to troubleshoot.

I tried on both linux AND windows so I know it's not a virus hijacking anything.

In addition, for the sake of curiosity, I tried resetting my password only for it to tell me the service is temporarily unavailable. However, I had just reset my password to another email!

My firefox addons are Ghostery, Web of Trust, NoScript, and Adblock+, all of which are reputable.

Does anyone have any information about why it wont let me log into the particular email? Is anyone else having problems, or are others able to log in fine and it's just me?

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• Members
  • 3,194 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:08 AM

Posted 25 September 2012 - 08:05 AM

There is a technical problem with hotmail, skydrive, outlook, and other Microsoft services.

Check status : https://status.live.com/detail/hotmail

You should have switched to Gmail a long time ago.

#3 Lishy

Lishy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:08 AM

Posted 25 September 2012 - 01:00 PM

There is a technical problem with hotmail, skydrive, outlook, and other Microsoft services.

Check status : https://status.live.com/detail/hotmail

You should have switched to Gmail a long time ago.

Seems I can access my account again. Thanks for linking that! :)

However, why should I switch to gmail? I'll admit I'm sort of a hipster, so educate me.

#4 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• Members
  • 3,194 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:08 AM

Posted 25 September 2012 - 01:21 PM

Because my friend always says that when my AOL mail does not work :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users