Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 Ultimate won't boot up

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Alumar

Alumar

• Members
  • 156 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:24 AM

Posted 25 September 2012 - 07:09 AM

I tried to completely uninstall an expired deep freeze in my Computer, I went to registry and deleted the Folders named deepfrz after I rebooted my Computer it won't get past the Starting windows message it stops and flashes and I can see a blue screen then it tries to boot up again, the process repeats over and over, I tried doing a system restore by pressing F8 and the Startup recovery can't fix the issue either, is my Hard disk corrupted?
I have very important files in my HDD

Any help or advice regarding this issue is greatly appreciated.

Edited by Alumar, 25 September 2012 - 07:19 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 narenxp

narenxp

• BC Advisor
  • 16,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:24 AM

Posted 25 September 2012 - 09:58 AM

I tried doing a system restore by pressing F8 and the Startup recovery can't fix the issue either, is my Hard disk corrupted?

Can you enter command prompt using recovery console?

What happens when you try a system restore?

#3 MDTechService

MDTechService

• Members
  • 303 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:24 AM

Posted 25 September 2012 - 01:05 PM

Did you try to do a system restore or a startup recovery? You were a bit unclear.

If you have the Windows installation disk, insert it and pull up your boot select menu at the POST screen.

Boot from the CD drive, select the option to repair your computer.

Select the command prompt option.

In command prompt, enter "chkdsk /r" and hit enter. This will attempt to locate bad hard drive sectors and recover any readable information.

I suspect if you indiscriminately deleted the deepfrz folder from the registry it may have affected some Windows files. If chkdsk is successful but Windows still will not boot, repeat the boot process using the Windows install disk. Once you have reached the repair computer menu, attempt to utilize the system restore option and see if it works that way.
If I am helping you and I haven't replied to your thread in 3 days, please PM me or bump it

Mike D, BS, A+, HPSP, MCTS
I <3 Linux
The Airline Open source airline simulation game
Check the power cable to the wall first!

#4 Alumar

Alumar
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 156 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:24 AM

Posted 25 September 2012 - 03:04 PM

when I try a system restore I get a system restore error with an error number beside it.

I tried to do a boot in safemode but failed too..

I will try those suggestions any other advice if the install disk does not work?

Edited by Alumar, 25 September 2012 - 05:17 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users