Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New Gaming Laptop ASUS or MSI

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 guiltyXconscience

guiltyXconscience

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:46 AM

Posted 24 September 2012 - 07:32 PM

Hi guys. I was looking to buy a new gaming laptop from getthatpc.com but I don't know which one should I buy. My choices are the Asus G55VW-DS71 or the MSI GE70 0ND-033US. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. :blush:

Thanks all.

Moderator Edit: Moved topic from Computer Gaming to the more appropriate forum.
By Roger

Edited by rotor123, 25 September 2012 - 10:18 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 NpaMA

NpaMA

• Members
  • 635 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:46 AM

Posted 25 September 2012 - 07:07 AM

Personally, I would go with the Asus - since it's a more known brand. It also has an extra 4GB of RAM.

But really, which would you value more - 4GB of RAM or a larger display? 8GB of RAM is plenty for gaming, so if this is gaming only and you want the larger screen - go with the MSI. For gaming only, you would probably get more use out of the larger screen (and higher resolution) then more RAM. But if this is a general use PC with some gaming, the extra RAM could come in handy when doing power user things such as virtual machines, video rendering, graphic design, etc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users