Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

firefox delay

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 norco1

norco1

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:54 AM

Posted 24 September 2012 - 04:22 PM

long delayed response from e mail to fire fox download. please advise

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 norco1

norco1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 24 September 2012 - 04:25 PM

long delayed response from e mail to fire fox download. please advise

Edited by norco1, 24 September 2012 - 04:27 PM.

#3 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,775 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:54 AM

Posted 24 September 2012 - 06:14 PM

In all honesty I have no idea what you're asking or referring to. Can you please explain again, using a little more detail. What if any error messages are you seeing? What specific activity you are engaged in when this happens? The more information you can share with us to help you the better.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#4 norco1

norco1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 24 September 2012 - 07:29 PM

when I click on an email link, firefox doesn't download link immediately. It's more than 30 seconds before I see the page. Hope this helps to explain the issue. Thanks

#5 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,323 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:54 AM

Posted 24 September 2012 - 08:37 PM

Try cleaning Firefox's cache, etc. by using BleachBit. Use only the settings as shown below for Firefox.
Download from here: BleachBit - Clean Disk Space, Maintain Privacy

A bit more info will help. What email client are you using? Are other websites loading fast?
Are you referring to a link in an email or a bookmark for an online email service such as Yahoo, Hotmail or gmail?
Or are you referring to an unopened email?

Posted Image
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#6 norco1

norco1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 25 September 2012 - 11:45 AM

1. using at&t
2. all websites are affected by the email delay
3. my yahoo acct. email link opens immediately to firefox
4. referring to clicking on windows live mail and waiting for the link to open in firefox, my default browser

#7 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,323 posts
  •  

Posted 25 September 2012 - 12:39 PM

Try this. Rather than opening and closing Live Mail, pin it as an app.
To do that, once you have Live Mail in its own tab, right click on the tab and
chose to pin as app tab. Then, all you will need to do to check if you have mail is
to mouse over the pinned tab.

Do you have the latest Firefox installed....15.0.1 ?
Did you install and run BleachBit?
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#8 norco1

norco1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 25 September 2012 - 04:52 PM

yes, I have Firefox 15.01 and have installed BleachBit

#9 norco1

norco1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 26 September 2012 - 08:50 AM

I located the problem -FANTASTIGAMES.COM. Somehow the program was hijacked into my system. After examining my processes, I deleted and uninstalled the culprit wherever I could find it in the system. You might want to make a note of this for further reference. Thanks again for your effort.

#10 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,323 posts
  •  

Posted 26 September 2012 - 10:57 AM

That Fantasti Games is often associated with a root kit. Suggest strongly that
you post what you found in the Am I Infected.....forum and allow the helpers there to
guide you in scanning for malware.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users