Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

possible virus with Google Chrome

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 sportsfan7702

sportsfan7702

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:43 PM

Posted 24 September 2012 - 01:57 PM

I'm not sure if I have a virus with Google Chrome, but strange things are happening.

When I go to start Google Chrome, everything starts normally. Within 20 min. or so and only on certain sites, certain items(images)that I know are supposed to be there because I test them in Firefox are not in Google Chrome. One thing in particular, is the listen live button on a radio station's webpage. I'm not sure if I can allow the posting of that webpage but if need be I will. It shows up fine in Firefox. the system is not responding slowly, so everything seems to be okay on that end. Is it normal for certain Internet browsers to have these types of issues?

Another thing about my setup-I have a Toshiba satellite L875 with four gigs of RAM and a 640 GB hard drive. The only real intensive program I run is the program called Dragon NaturallySpeaking which is allowing me to type this out as you know without using the keyboard. I wouldn't think that this program would be causing the problems with Google Chrome, but I could be mistaken. Also, it's not a real big problem, it's more of a nuisance. I run Norton 360 antivirus and malware bites professional. I had combo fix on the computer from before and I do have a log from it if you would like to see it. (I had no idea it was not supposed to be run before hand but in the future I will know that)

Another thing is, sometimes the page for WFAA here in Dallas does not show images on the front page. I just went to it using Google Chrome and it appears for now that issue has been resolved but I will let you know.

Matt

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sportsfan7702

sportsfan7702
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:43 PM

Posted 25 September 2012 - 10:25 AM

Sometimes the easiest fixes go overlooked. Realized I had Adblock plus and after disabling it, all is well.

#3 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,765 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:43 PM

Posted 29 September 2012 - 11:04 AM

Thank you for advising us that you have self resolved your issue. This topic is now closed.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users