Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

At Little About Me...

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 kelleher21402

kelleher21402

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:37 PM

Posted 17 March 2006 - 11:06 AM

Hello all,
I'm here search for a solution to my bleeping computer problems!!! My First Computer JOB was in college I was an ART student who happened to get a job at an IBM compatable computer manufacturer who built computers for the EPA!!! That was 20 years ago. Wheew what a mouthful. Hence, began my fascination with computers. Unless you count 1st Grade in Oakwood suburb of Dayton Ohio, where I was facinated with the simple computer with a matching game on it. I loved to push the buttons.

So... now I was searching microsoft.com for the solution to winfix virus and found this web site. It looks lovely, friendly and full of SMART people who can help me solve my problems. :thumbsup: I love the Smilies they are very entertaining. Now I'm in Florida and just networked a new pc with my old one cleaned up many previous viruses got a router firewall was up and running like the wind untill....my daughter clicked on the winfix virus. :flowers: :trumpet:

So... that's my story and I'm sticking to it.
Diane

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 17 March 2006 - 12:27 PM

Welcome to this great user community, Diane.
Thanks to your daughter, you get to read our self-help tutorial that will guide you through the removal process:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/18610/how-to-remove-winfixer-virtumonde-msevents-trojanvundob/

Best regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 kelleher21402

kelleher21402
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 17 March 2006 - 01:27 PM

Oh Thank you Thank you Thank you,
I've done as instructed. Now we wait and see if it pops up again. Let's pray we've saved the day. Thanks for you help.
Diane

#4 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  

Posted 27 March 2006 - 03:51 PM

:thumbsup: to BC! kelleher21402.

Good Luck,
yano :flowers: