Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Salutations

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 JERoberts

JERoberts

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:40 AM

Posted 24 September 2012 - 09:25 AM

I stumbled across this site when researching some software tools on TechRepublic.com. I was immediately intrigued by the content and organization, so I decided to join.

I am a long-in-the-tooth old Senior Systems Analyst who was a victim of reorganization and downsizing several moons ago. I enjoy being out of the rat race so much that I decided to just retire rather than try to compete against a universe of wonderfully talented persons who were younger (and less expensive to hire) than myself.

I got into (all things)computers back in the day of the Sinclair and Commodore PC's and the monolithic IBM and HP mainframes. I have been hooked on computing (every aspect mind you) for over 40 years(Oh My God - has it been that long?.

That's it - not much more to the story.

Edited by JERoberts, 24 September 2012 - 09:27 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:40 AM

Posted 24 September 2012 - 01:16 PM

Hello and :welcome:

Not at all long in the Tooth, I await with great anticipation being downsized, permanently. :) In the last downsizing it was down to two of us and I lost, I'm still here.
I've been using computers since the early 80s myself. Wow, approaching thirty years myself. But you have me beat.

Be sure to check out the New User Orientation and the url="http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/"] Tutorials section[/url]

Roger

Edited by rotor123, 24 September 2012 - 01:18 PM.

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users