Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Battery Will Not Fully Charge

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bnrr

bnrr

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:41 AM

Posted 17 March 2006 - 07:34 AM

Hello
I have a toshiba satellit pro 4300 series (434U) and having a problem with charging the battery.
I know it sounds that I need to get a new battery but first would like to get some opinions before
purchasing one. When I start to charge the battery (no battery charger) the battery indicator light
turns amber which tells me it is charging, but after 3hours there's no light. it is suppose to turn green
after its fully charge. when I turn off the laptop it changes back to amber for 4 minutes and then nothing
shows, the battery indicator lights is turn off. when I disconnect the AC power cord it comes back on
and stays on for only 4 minutes until I open a window session. In the battery utility program it is showing
that ther is no battery at all. tried using the laptop without the AC source, the laptop would not turn on.
what does BC team think?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:41 AM

Posted 17 March 2006 - 07:59 AM

That is a bad battery. Replacement is the only fix. Sorry.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 Lanscader

Lanscader

• Members
  • 466 posts
  •  

Posted 17 March 2006 - 09:24 AM

Some stores say they can recharge a dead battery, but I've never tried the service myself. Batteries Plus is a store that does it.

"Sir Lord Baron von Vader-han?" ~ Eddie Izzard

#4 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  

Posted 17 March 2006 - 11:40 AM

I have seen them recondition lead acid batteries before with limited results. Have seen the case leak on the reconditioned one. Leaves a white/green salt like substance on the computer.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users