Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problems With Files Running, Programs Ets

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 kieran83

kieran83

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:23 PM

Posted 17 March 2006 - 06:06 AM

first i wanna say hi (i'm a new guy to this site) and PLEASE help me, a month or so ago i was on the web when things went haywire my comp crashed and when i switched it back on all my desk top icons were gone and loads of music files disappeared since then the comp was ok but recently it started crashing alot (in games on the web and that sort of thing) when i sent the error report microsoft said it might be something to do with the bios not being compatibly with xp but my comps only a year or so old, can anyone help

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:23 AM

Posted 17 March 2006 - 06:40 AM

There could be several reasons for your issues, but it appears that your computer is exhibiting signs of being infected.

Usually when the computer crashes you get a blue screen with some cyptic information on it. If that is true in your case please write down what the blue screen says (inlcuding all of the numbers) and tell us here, as we can help you diagnose the cause.

Where did you get the music files from? Kazaa? Bearshare? Limewire? Other Peer to Peer sites? Or from friends who got the music originally from these sites? If so, then I would say there is a 99.99% chance you are infected.

Usually an infection follows four steps: 1) first you notice buggy behaviour from your computer - you click on an icon and nothing happens - or icons dissapear, etc. 2) The computer is running slower than it used to. 3) Connectivity issues, such as can't get on line, or when you do it works very slowly, or takes to to a wrong web site, or popups occur while connected, etc. and 4) the computer won't even start up.

Depending on your level of expertise:

There is a forum here at Bleeping Computer for self help, you can find it HERE.

Or, for help with removing your infection I would like to refer you to the Highjack This (HJT) forum here at BleepingComputer.com:

First: Read the Preparation Guide found HERE. It is very important that you follow ALL of the instructions found within. (There are many important steps in this guide that may clean your computer.)

Second: Post your system information along with a brief description of the problems you are having, and your HJT log in the HJT forum found HERE.

NOTE: Please, after you post your HJT log DO NOT make another post in the HJT forum until it has been responded to by a member of the HJT Team. The first thing they look for, when looking for logs to reply to, is 0 replies. If you make another post there will be 1 reply. The team member glancing over the replies might think someone is already helping you out and will not respond. So, just make your post and let it sit there until a team member responds. The volunteers who work that forum are very busy, so please be patient and wait. It can sometimes take a few days for a response. If after 5 days you still have gotten no response, then post a link to your HJT log HERE.

Third: If, after finishing your work with the folks at the HJT forum you have issues with XP related to the removal of the infection, then come back in here and let us help you get your computer back to normal.

You are in good hands! Good luck!
ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

Currently home chillin' with the fam and my two dogs!

#3 kieran83

kieran83
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 26 March 2006 - 08:18 AM

first up thanks for the help my computer is now virus free . The HJT guy sent me back here and said it have a problem with my memory of a faulty hardware. you asked me to copy down the information i got when my comp crashed so here it is:

*** STOP: 0x00000024 (0x001802FE , 0xB88074B4 , 0xB8807604 , 0x852388B)

*** STOP: 0x0000008E (0x00000005 , 0x804E5CC7 , 0xBA12B23 , 0x00000000)

*** STOP: 0x00000085 (0xC0000005 , 0x8056EA22 , 0xBA0E7C7C , 0x00000000)

*** STOP: 0x0000008E (0xC0000005 , 0x80550211 , 0xF36FC780 , 0x00000000)

with these four the only other thing displayed was telling me to contacted system admin or tec. dep. The next two had description' s

*** STOP: 0x0000000A (0xFFBE0000 , 0x00000001 , 0x00000000 , 0x804F523C)
IQRL NOT EQUAL OR LESS

+****STOP 0x0000001A (0x00041284 , 0x01BC4001 , 0x00000E77 , 0xC0503000)
MEMORY MANAGEMENT

in previous shut downs files winldd and khlmnpr were mentioned but i didn't get the 0x00 number's when
Anyway help would be fantastic

#4 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:23 AM

Posted 26 March 2006 - 09:27 AM

Open your device manager (control panel/system/hardware/device manager)
and look through it thoroughly opening all the "trees" by clicking on the + signs to the left of each catagory.

If you see any with a red or yellow warning (either a ! or a ?) delete them and reboot, letting Windows find and reinstall them again.

When the screen pops up to ask where Windows should find the drivers, untic everything except Windows Updates.

#5 kieran83

kieran83
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 10 April 2006 - 01:47 PM

there was a ! by my RAID and SCSI controllers so did did as instructed (delete and reboot) but windows didnt reinstall them, and my comp is still messed up am i goign to need to reinstall them manually and if so where do i get them from and how do i find the right ones?

#6 Herk

Herk

• Members
  • 1,609 posts
  •  

Posted 10 April 2006 - 03:19 PM

If you do not have a RAID setup or SCSI drives on your computer, you should go into BIOS and disable them. RAID is a system by which you use two or more drives either for speed or redundancy, and SCSI isn't usually used on home computers. You don't need to install drivers for something you don't have. Of course, you'll need to know for sure if you have either RAID or SCSI on your computer. It probably wouldn't be functioning at all if you did have either of them without proper drivers. To enter BIOS or SETUP, observe what it says when you're first starting - something like "Press DEL to enter Setup" or "Press F2 to Enter Setup". Some people who build computers don't realize that the motherboard has capacity for these types of drives and that they need to be disabled if not used. In some cases, there is a jumper on the motherboard that needs to be changed if standard ATA drives are used, to disable the extra capabilities that are not used.

#7 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  

Posted 10 April 2006 - 05:26 PM

Well you defenitely have some stop messages there! Could be several causes, but I see that you have 0x8E twice. 0x8E stop messages point towards faulty RAM (or sometimes called memory).

If there are two pieces of RAM in your computer you could always remove one and see if this issue persists. If it does, swap the pieces and try again. This would identify which piece of RAM is defective, if any.

If you care to test the memory:

Microsoft Memory Diagnostic
Memtest86
ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

Currently home chillin' with the fam and my two dogs!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users