Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

"Setup is Starting Services" stuck

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Camikat

Camikat

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:35 PM

Posted 23 September 2012 - 07:26 AM

My Acer Aspire One started acting funny a few months ago (Replacing wallpaper with a black screen, shutting down randomly). One day, it shut down and a window popped up for a scan of sort. After a long and frustrating process, I decided to restore the OS, figuring it would help me fix the problem. Now, whenever I boot it up, it gets stuck on a black screen that reads "Setup is Starting Services", after which a window ops up saying "Windows could not complete the installation. To install Windows on this computer, restart the installation." Any help on how to get it working normally is appreciated!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 narenxp

narenxp

• BC Advisor
  • 16,371 posts
  •  

Posted 23 September 2012 - 07:56 AM

See if this helps

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-windows_install/windows-could-not-complete-the-installation-to/bf09c3c5-298b-459f-aed5-4f431b8398f5

#3 Camikat

Camikat
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 23 September 2012 - 09:50 AM

Thank you, Windows is working, but my laptop is not recognizing my wireless router...

#4 narenxp

narenxp

• BC Advisor
  • 16,371 posts
  •  

Posted 23 September 2012 - 09:50 AM

Did you install network drivers?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users