Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

1386 folder required to install win xp pro 2003

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 khekhe

khekhe

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:29 PM

Posted 23 September 2012 - 07:25 AM

i have a winxp 2003 cd that has scratches so when i try to copy files from my original cd to create a new cd It give me error
can not copy <file name >: Cyclec redundency check

I was unable to copy the following files/folders from 1386 folder

1386->Lang
msgothic.tt_
msmicho.tt_
msir3jr.le_

1386->system 32
1386->necwps
1386->print->blainf
1386->print->dtcinf
1386->print->entinf
1386->print->sbsinf
1386->print->srvinf
1386->octpus
1386->OEWAB
1386->pws
1386->winntupg
1386->win9xmig
1386->winnxupg

1-- can i use the folder from the hard drive where windows is installed(using cd that has scratches now)??

2-- Can i use 1386 folder from this winxp 2005 cd (whole/only the files that are missing).??

if not what is solution for me to get the missing files so that i can complete my windows setup

Edited by khekhe, 23 September 2012 - 07:31 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,277 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:29 AM

Posted 23 September 2012 - 07:48 AM

<<i have a winxp 2003 cd...>>

<<Can i use 1386 folder from this winxp 2005 cd (whole/only the files that are missing).??>>

Not sure I understand...if you have two XP install CDs for the same version (Pro vs Home)...why not use the latest?

If the versions are different, I would not assume thst the install files are the same.

Louis

#3 caperjac

caperjac

• Members
  • 1,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:29 AM

Posted 23 September 2012 - 09:04 AM

Can i use

when I'm confronted with this question ,I always just try using whatever it is ,and if it don't work then "I cant' is the answer " quicker sometime then trying to find someone who knows the answer for sure !

if I had to guess based on my experience ,I would guess that the 1386 folder would work from the 2005 cd ,either version ,but just a guess

good luck

Edited by caperjac, 23 September 2012 - 09:07 AM.

My answers are my opinion only,usually

#4 caperdog

caperdog

• BC Advisor
  • 954 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:29 AM

Posted 23 September 2012 - 02:25 PM

I'll throw this out there,since you asked, and in case your other cd is messed.
You can create an install cd using the i386 folder on the hard drive if you have one. Also you could copy it to another location just in case you may need it.
http://www.howtohaven.com/system/createwindowssetupdisk.shtml

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users