Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Slow Loading in Games

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Refr3sh

Refr3sh

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:36 AM

Posted 23 September 2012 - 05:25 AM

Hey Guys, Im having a large Problem with my Games.

First off, I was playing RAGE then all of a sudden, my computer froze for 2-3 minutes, by the time it went back to normal, the textures became really messed up and I cant even play Properly, so I had to CTRL+ALT+DEL and End the Process of the game. After closing the game, I choose to shut down, but when I clicked Shut Down, the computer froze for a long time, so I had to Turn off the switch and then turn on again. After doing so, it said I had to selected the boot device, so I selected my HDD. When I started up the Computer, It was all normal except the Games were taking longer to load than usual. I had this problem before, and it was solved by System Restore, but this time I didnt save any checkpoints. I NEED HELP because my friends say that this is an HDD problem, and they said I needed to buy a new one,I used CCcleaner, and my HDD is only 67% and 47% full and of no need of defraging. Thanks for the Help. I need to know how to speed up my PC again.

Edited by hamluis, 23 September 2012 - 05:56 AM.
Moved from XP to Internal Hardware - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  

Posted 23 September 2012 - 08:07 PM

Must be an overheating issue that could affect gaming or graphics performance.

Try downloading Speccy and then install the program. To post and publish a snapshot of your PC.
. In the Menu bar, click File -> Publish Snapshot
. Click Yes > then Copy to Clipboard
. On your next reply, right-click on a empty space and click Paste on reply box then click Post.

Tekken

#3 Refr3sh

Refr3sh
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 24 September 2012 - 12:58 AM

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/U3elCM30PJ20PtLLc5fFE0B

#4 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  

Posted 25 September 2012 - 12:55 AM

If you have a BIOS fitness test for the hard drive, please run the short and long test.

C5 Current Pending Sector Count: 100 (100) Data 0000000001
C6 Uncorrectable Sector Count: 100 (100) Data 0000000001

Tekken

#5 Refr3sh

Refr3sh
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 25 September 2012 - 04:24 AM

Where and how do I get the BIOS Fitness Test Program?

#6 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  

Posted 25 September 2012 - 07:18 PM

Your HD is by Seagate, go here and use the Seatools for Windows(XP) then run the short and long test. If you cannot complete the drive test due system instability, freezing, use the Seatools for DOS to complete the test. A guide for using the DOS test is in this link.

Edited by jhayz, 25 September 2012 - 07:19 PM.

Tekken

#7 Refr3sh

Refr3sh
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 28 September 2012 - 08:57 AM

Well, everytime I launch the program, I get the error "Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the Application will close immediately. Cannot Create ActiveX component." I clicked Continue and I didnt know which one was the short and long test, so I simply went to Fix All Fast, and Fix All Long. After 2 days of waiting for the Fix all Long, I restarted the computer, but then it was still the same. The Fix all fast and long said that I passed the test. Anything else that might help fix the PC?

#8 MDTechService

MDTechService

• Members
  • 303 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:36 PM

Posted 28 September 2012 - 09:09 AM

An unhandled exception occurs when the program throws data that it doesn't have provisions for handling. The ActiveX component is a building block essential to run the game. If this doesn't resolve itself, you will have to reinstall the game. More than likely, when you killed the process, you corrupted some trivial piece of information that is used to build a component, thus throwing the exception.

This could have occurred secondary to a hard drive sector failure. Open command prompt (cmd.exe) and type "chkdsk /r". This will check for, and attempt to recover any bad sectors.

By the way, what's the wattage on your power supply?
If I am helping you and I haven't replied to your thread in 3 days, please PM me or bump it

Mike D, BS, A+, HPSP, MCTS
I <3 Linux
The Airline Open source airline simulation game
Check the power cable to the wall first!

#9 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  

Posted 28 September 2012 - 08:07 PM

You could use the DOS Version . I would suggest making a backup of your documents ASAP.

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users