Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

USB KVM Minus The "V"

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 tackyjan

tackyjan

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:29 AM

Posted 23 September 2012 - 02:07 AM

Hi all!!

I have 2 computers with USB keyboard inputs and one USB keyboard and one USB mouse. I want to use the keyboard and mouse for both computers. I know they sell what's called a KVM (keyboard, video, mouse) switch the issue I have is I don't need the "V" or video switch because both computers are running their own display. Is there a "KM" switch out there or more generally is there a 1-input 2-output USB selector?

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 caperjac

caperjac

• Members
  • 1,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:29 PM

Posted 23 September 2012 - 09:58 AM

i had use a kvm switch a lot one time ,but never tried it with out the V, but don't see why it wouldn't work with out the video hooked up ,but having said that i found this ,something i didn't know existed ,good luck
http://ca.startech.com/Server-Management/KVM-Switches/2-Port-USB-KM-Switch-USB-Keyboard-and-Mouse-Switch-with-File-Transfer~SVKMS

My answers are my opinion only,usually

#3 caperjac

caperjac

• Members
  • 1,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:29 PM

Posted 23 September 2012 - 10:03 AM

also found this microst software ,awhile back ,downloaded it but only have one computer right now so never go to try it out
http://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/download/details.aspx?id=27589

My answers are my opinion only,usually

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users