Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Python in web development

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Mr.Ninja

Mr.Ninja

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:22 PM

Posted 22 September 2012 - 09:17 PM

So, as a python half noob, I was wondering, could you use python as a replacement to PHP (and other server side programs) and SQL (and other database programs)?

You could use the print command to print the HTML to be read in the browsers, and then link to a CSS stylesheet. It would also act as a CMS, where each page would have an ID. The database would be python arrays as tables. Would it work?
If life gives you a melon... you might be dyslexic.

I'm a ninja, you see me somewhere in the for-

Picture this, you're on an empty beach, scanning it, and you think Wow, this would be a great place for a ninja vaca-

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:22 AM

Posted 23 September 2012 - 09:11 AM

Yes, python can be used as a replacement for php. Any language can really, as long as the server knows how to process it, and the language has networking libraries.

Yes, you could try to roll your own database if you wanted to, but it would be horribly inefficient and slow due to the time you it would take to serialize and deserialize the data. You were planning on saving the data, right? Plus you would also have to somehow track relationships between tables, manage constraints, be able to verify data consistency, etc. SQL is a database query language used to integrate with a database. The database is another entity entirely separate from the dbms.

#3 Mr.Ninja

Mr.Ninja
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:22 PM

Posted 24 September 2012 - 11:23 AM

Okay, thanks.

I just really like python , sooo.

it does make sense though.

Thanks again.
If life gives you a melon... you might be dyslexic.

I'm a ninja, you see me somewhere in the for-

Picture this, you're on an empty beach, scanning it, and you think Wow, this would be a great place for a ninja vaca-

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users