Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How do I extract photos sent in Outlook mail?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 dazedandconfused

dazedandconfused

• Members
  • 119 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:48 PM

Posted 22 September 2012 - 08:46 PM

I have a large number of photos "embedded" for lack of a better word, in the body of email messages. They're not attached as jpgs. Right clicking only provides an option for "copy" but I can't seem to get them into another file that I could make a jpg.

My sis-in-law had her computer stolen....with sadly no backups of her photos of her children over the years. I'm building a digital photo-frame for her, but these pictures are driving me insane.
:crazy:

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dazedandconfused

dazedandconfused
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 119 posts
  •  

Posted 25 September 2012 - 09:34 PM

After many hours of research, it appears that the problem is coming from the fact that she has a Yahoo account, and they are actually .eml filetypes, and I would need a converter program to make them .jpg files. sigh.

Guess my inquiry can be closed now.

#3 code13

code13

• Members
  • 136 posts
  •  

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:50 PM

You can copy each of the photos, place them into microsoft word.
From there, right click each photo and click save photo as...

#4 dazedandconfused

dazedandconfused
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 119 posts
  •  

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:40 PM

Thanks - but I tried this a million times. I can copy the picture to Word. I can save the file as a jpg, but will make the name xxxxxx.jpg.docx. If I click on just the picture, there is no "save as" option. Just doesn't work that way.

#5 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:11:48 AM

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:53 PM

Do you still use Windows Vista? If you do and it is Home Premium or higher it should have a snipping tool.

If all else fails you can use it to snip the photos. Create a folder to save them to so they will all be in place.
With a lot of photos it may be time consuming. You will have to click New and choose Rectangular Snip so you can drag the cursor over the photo.

I don't use Outlook so this is the only thing I can think of.

By default snips are saved as .png files. You can change each one to jpeg by clicking on File/Save As and clicking the drop down arrow in the Save as type box.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 12 October 2012 - 05:02 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users