Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

USB 2.0 PCI Card

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 wanna-B-wiz

wanna-B-wiz

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:07 PM

Posted 22 September 2012 - 07:45 PM

I purchesed this USB PCI Card on eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/230527478304?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

I first installed the card in the PCI slot.

When I turned on the computer it found that there was new hardware and I clicked next to intall it ... after it was done I plug a hard drive into one of the USB ports and it took long to show up and it also showed it as empty.

I took it out of that USB port and plugged it in the original USB port and it showed that my files are in the drive.

Is there a special driver that I need to install ??

Edited by hamluis, 22 September 2012 - 07:53 PM.
Moved from System Building to Internal Hardware - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 FlutterVeiss

FlutterVeiss

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 23 September 2012 - 01:07 PM

What operating system are you running on? The page only lists compatibility with up to XP, so if there might be issues if you're running vista or 7.

If you want to look for drivers, you first have to figure out who made the card. The easiest way I can think of to do this would be to check the chip (large black square on the card. Should have the manufacturer or some other detail printed on it). Then either post the name here, or poke around google for the drivers. If I had to guess, the drivers are somewhere on the digi website.

#3 MDTechService

MDTechService

• Members
  • 303 posts
  •  

Posted 25 September 2012 - 01:25 PM

Just out of curiosity, why didn't you get a USB 3.0 card? You can get one for $20 on Newegg...

Other than that, they titled it 5 port when it's only a 4 port card, it is only supported through XP. Your best bet would be to look for a manufacturer imprint on the chip/card somewhere and try to chase down a legacy driver.
If I am helping you and I haven't replied to your thread in 3 days, please PM me or bump it

Mike D, BS, A+, HPSP, MCTS
I <3 Linux
The Airline Open source airline simulation game
Check the power cable to the wall first!

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,385 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:07 PM

Posted 25 September 2012 - 04:11 PM

USB controller cards...are generally plug & play.

The USB drivers are generic, should come via Windows.

I hope that you have tried...more than one test of this card...another system would be a good test vehicle.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users