Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 not starting pc

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mr2005

mr2005

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:02 AM

Posted 22 September 2012 - 04:31 PM

Having an issue with windows 7. I few days I ago it starting just randomly rebooting. Then on reboots it started going to a black screen.

I ran my dell diognoatics and it says all the hard ware is ok. Popped in my win 7 disk and ran my startup repair.

Now windows 7 is loading, but now of the desktop icons responds. If I hover the arrow over the windows icon in the lower left corner of the screen, I just get the spinning blue icon?

Nothing responds. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Can I reinstalling wimdows without it deleting my c drive?

Running win 7 home n a dell xps 8300.

Edited by mr2005, 22 September 2012 - 04:46 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mr2005

mr2005
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  

Posted 22 September 2012 - 05:11 PM

Getting this error
Windows login: logonUi.exe - bad image
C:\windows\system32\winbrand.dll is either not designated to run on windows or it contains an error

#3 mr2005

mr2005
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  

Posted 22 September 2012 - 05:16 PM

After I hit ok . On the error above,
A new error popped up saying the recycle bin on f: is corrupt, do you want to delete y/n
At that point pc froze for 60+ seconds, went to black screen ,then a blue screen then tried to restart.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users