Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

White Laptop Screen

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 idontknow1996

idontknow1996

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:39 AM

Posted 22 September 2012 - 04:01 PM

For some time I've been having a problem with my laptop screen going white randomly. I've posted on this website before and me and other people have always assumed it was an hardware problem. So I tried what they and the popular websites told me, I tried to reconnect the motherboard cable with the LCD screen, didn't work. I plugged it into an external monitor, worked perfectly fine. I've even tried using a different LCD screen, which still yielded the white screen.

Just recently (in a stroke of genius), I went back to one of the first things that one should always do if a computer malfunctions: I booted into safe mode. On the first time the screen went back to normal, which I thought was just the screen's random action of switching between white and normal, but when I tried it a second and a third time and it put the screen back to normal, I knew that it wasn't really random. Then, I ran Malwarebytes, which found one virus that I immediately deleted.

With the virus deleted I thought that the virus was the cause of my screen problem and everything was going to be fine, until the screen went back to being white.

I would greatly appreciate if anyone could help me finding out what might be the cause of my problem.

The laptop is a Pavilion g4-1016dx and I am using Windows 7

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:39 PM

Posted 23 September 2012 - 08:29 PM

If it worked in safemode using generic drivers, its either the driver is corrupted or the card or chipset is the problem. If its a dedicated card, try cleaning the contacts and make sure its properly seated. You can reinstall the driver in safemode.

Tekken

#3 caperdog

caperdog

• BC Advisor
  • 954 posts
  •  

Posted 23 September 2012 - 09:35 PM

couple of things I have read, good luck
http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f108/laptop-screen-goes-white-644686.html

http://www.technibble.com/forums/showthread.php?p=297875

#4 idontknow1996

idontknow1996
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 25 September 2012 - 04:24 PM

If it worked in safemode using generic drivers, its either the driver is corrupted or the card or chipset is the problem. If its a dedicated card, try cleaning the contacts and make sure its properly seated. You can reinstall the driver in safemode.

I don't know if this will give you more information, but I've also found that my screen will go back to normal when I run tests off the System Diagnostics (F2 after hitting escape on start-up) or, occasionally, when I plug it into the external monitor and let it sit for a couple of minutes.

Thanks for all responses so far!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users