Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My Neighbor Has Access To My Pc...help

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 lucky7

lucky7

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:39 AM

Posted 17 March 2006 - 01:32 AM

Hi everybody!

I'd like for some advice on how to know (which I already do know) if my neighbor who "fixed my pc" installed a program so that he can have access and see what I'm doing on my pc.

Long story short, this guy is a weird, he's been like stalking me, he's married but that doesn't stop him from emailing and calling me, we used to be friends but now I just find him creepy.

I know with all my heart he tapped or installed something into my pc, I found it has on it 2 monitors in my device manager, and just other stuff I had before.

He has totally put my pc together and totally rebuilt it, he has my IP address and all that stuff.

I don't know a lot about pcs but I do know he gets his thrills spying on me, please help me and tell me how I can log him off or something.

I used to have access to his wireless internet but since he started to major flirt with me and I gave him the cold shoulder he put security enabled on their wireless internet so I can't log onto it.

What a jerk, the nerve to be a peeping tom.

Help!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:39 PM

Posted 17 March 2006 - 02:11 AM

First think I would do is install a firewall. That will block out going traffic.If you have your own internet access disable the wireless network card in the device manager and hardwire your computer to your modem. If you are now using dialup that is good enough., but still go to your reless card in the device manager and disable it till the problem is solved.
Now go to , Preparation Guide for use before posting a HijackThis Log. Follow theinstruction to the letter. Tey will tell you if he has access to your coomputer.
Be patient. It may take a little while but they will help you.

Here are several firewall applications. I prefer SyGate but they are all excellent.

Firewalls (Run only one.)
Zone Alarm Free for Personal Use
SyGate Personal Free Edition (I personally use)
OutPost Firewall Free
Jetico Personal Free
Kerio Free Personal Firewall
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 Snapper

Snapper

• Members
  • 550 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:39 AM

Posted 17 March 2006 - 07:29 PM

you may also want to post a HijackThis log into another part of our forum as well. explain the situation, and we will look to see if there is anything loaded into startup that could be strange.
Google...Google.....browse..read

#4 Rimmer

Rimmer

• Members
  • 2,159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:39 PM

Posted 17 March 2006 - 07:37 PM

How do you access the internet now? If you used to have access to his wireless internet then your computer is on his wireless network, you need to either disable your wireless card as Acklan suggested, or if you still use the wireless card to connect to your own wireless network, then you need to set up your own security passwords. That way no outsider can get access to your computer.

:thumbsup:

Edited by Rimmer, 17 March 2006 - 07:38 PM.

Soltek QBIC, Pentium 4 3.0GHz, 512MB RAM, 200GB SATA HDD, ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB, Netgear 54Mb/s WAP, ridiculously expensive Satellite Broadband
Windows XP Home SP2, Trend Micro Internet Security, Firefox, Thunderbird, AdAwareSE, Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster, A-squared Free, Ewido Security Suite.

#5 Rimmer

Rimmer

• Members
  • 2,159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:39 PM

Posted 18 March 2006 - 05:21 PM

That way no outsider can get access to your computer.

I meant via the wireless interface. As has been pointed out to me there may be other ways someone could access your computer and to be sure you should post an HJT log as suggested.

Soltek QBIC, Pentium 4 3.0GHz, 512MB RAM, 200GB SATA HDD, ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB, Netgear 54Mb/s WAP, ridiculously expensive Satellite Broadband
Windows XP Home SP2, Trend Micro Internet Security, Firefox, Thunderbird, AdAwareSE, Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster, A-squared Free, Ewido Security Suite.

#6 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:39 PM

Posted 18 March 2006 - 05:32 PM

Lucky7 how are things going?
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users