Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Video playback issue

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 smishra

smishra

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:41 AM

Posted 21 September 2012 - 09:36 PM

Recently I began having issues with video playback, not only with files on my HDD but also with Netflix/youtube streaming. Basically when streaming a video on Netflix I will get all these vertical white bars/lines in the playback window. I've tested my video card and onboard graphics card, the issue happens with both outputs. It happens with all video players I've downloaded as well. Java and Flash are all up to date, as well as the browsers. I've also updated the codecs which didn't help either. At this point I'm lost as to what the issue could be. Any help would be appreciated.

Here's what playback looks like
Posted Image

Edited by smishra, 21 September 2012 - 09:47 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:41 PM

Posted 22 September 2012 - 02:26 AM

Please try updating or reinstalling your video drivers.

Tekken

#3 smishra

smishra
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:41 AM

Posted 22 September 2012 - 09:58 AM

Updated the video driver as well as swapped out the VGA cables. Neither helped.

Also, it looks like the cover photos for netflix movies have the same issue. They appear very grainy with lines thru the images.

Edited by smishra, 22 September 2012 - 10:01 AM.

#4 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:41 PM

Posted 23 September 2012 - 09:41 PM

I've tested my video card and onboard graphics card, the issue happens with both outputs

I am not sure how this would happen to both GPUs unless there is a need to swap a power supply or another monitor first. Try reseatting the video card, connections and RAM modules.

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users